Midwest Health Regional RN Assessment Coordinator in Topeka, Kansas
The Regional RN Assessment Coordinator (RNAC) will be responsible for the coordination of the MDS processes related to assessment of residents associated with all residents in our communities. RRNAC will be based out of the Corporate office in Topeka, KS. The RRNAC will report directly to the RN CRC. The following is a general list of key job duties and responsibilities in your position. The list is not to be considered inclusive and you will be required to perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned by an authorized supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with your direct supervisor, Regional Nurses when instructed, as well as the MDS Coordinators.
- Gather information on the facilitys current patients for the MDS assessment, including physical and mental states.
- Assess electronic charts and communicate with health care teams to ensure all documentation is current and in place to accurately code each MDS to reflect each resident’s status.
- Must have a full understanding of the new MDS 3.0 resident assessments, such as the Care Area Assessments (CAA) process, however they will not be completing CAA.
- Must have a functional and working knowledge of both OBRA (Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1987) assessments as well as
- Medicare and Medicare Replacement policies to ensure that the facility always complies with Medicaid or Medicare standards . RRNAC nurse will be required to act as the main communicator with the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF).
- Strong and driven personality with excellent communication skills and capable of working independently.
- Work closely with the therapy department to monitor rolling sevens.
- Set up and maintain MDS schedules, coding, and auditing for errors.
- Understand MDS RAI regulations for coding MDS A-Z.
- Work closely with SNF clinical team to research, code and lock assessments.
- Be able to batch and transmit MDS to CMS.
- Perform weekly MDS ARD audits for upcoming ARD’s in order to communicate concerns with missing information necessary to code MDS accurately.
Key Job Requirements:
The following is a general list of key job/physical requirements for your position. The list is not to be considered inclusive and other job/physical requirements may be necessary as deemed by your supervisor.
- Must have a valid professional license (RN) that is in good standing with the State
- 2 years minimum MDS experience, required.
- Live in or around the Topeka, KS area.
- Report to the Corporate office daily.
- Familiarity with RUG reimbursement generation for both Medicare and Medicaid.
- Software experience in My Unity, Point Click Care, Casamba, and Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of scheduling ARDs.
- Knowledge of Quality Measures (QM).
- Must be trained in medical terminology, anatomy, health assessment, pharmacology, and clinical skills.
- Must be willing to be a team player.
- Must have the ability to logically think through technological problems/issues, especially with evolving technology.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must have ability to travel, if needed.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly and timely to both facilities and colleagues.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.