The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Quality Systems Manager (Auditor) in Topeka, Kansas
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Heather Rodriguez
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary Purpose of the Position:
• Audit, assess & evaluate plant-wide performance to product specifications (GQMTS, customer, etc.) & quality systems (ISO, TS, QAI, QMS, etc.). Establish, maintain & drive plant-wide auditing systems which incorporate sound Process Control/Quality Assurance practices.
• Manage, direct & lead activities to investigate, formulate & implement methods to improve & correct quality systems non-conformities & deficiencies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, maintain & improve plant-wide audit systems for products, materials, system compliance including process control & processes.
• Audit quality, legal compliance, technical standards of the product, process & material.
• Coordinate & direct activities for external plant audits by the customer, regional & external bodies.
• Drives continuous improvement in quality systems, auditing, implementation of systems improvements including process control & processes capability improvements to ensure performance to system & product requirements.
• Other assignments required by plant & regional QTECH Manager.
4 year Degree or equivalent experience (12-15 years).
• 7-10 years' experience in tire manufacturing with in-depth knowledge of process & quality control systems.
• Worked in multiple manufacturing processes (i.e. mixing, extruders, tire assembly, etc.) as well as serving in a position that spanned plant wide manufacturing processes (i.e. uniformity team, shift operations manager. etc.).
• Knowledge/understanding of conducting quality systems audits, desired certification as an auditor.
• Knowledge/understanding of process audits (Banbury, Extruder, Calender, PPQ, etc.), control plans & PFMEA development.
• Knowledge/understanding of plant operations & processes, value stream flow, plant operational systems & policies.
• Excellent verbal & written communication, time management & prioritization skills.
• PC literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, Access & other local applications.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and for additional supplementary information.