Stormont-Vail Healthcare Monitor Technician in Topeka, Kansas
Responsible for processing an interpreting cardiac rhythm data for patients on all telemetry and Critical Care Departments. Applies and discontinues telemetry monitors as needed.
The delivery of professional nursing care at Stormont-Vail HealthCare is guided by Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring and the theory of Shared governance, both of which are congruent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Watson’s Caring Theory ensures the development of therapeutic relationships and involves human beings and their spirit in every aspect of care delivery, and is demonstrated through the implementation of ten (10) carative behaviors:
providing information to allow informed decisions
calling the patient by name
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive image to customers by creating a friendly atmosphere and placing a high priority on meeting customer needs in a courteous manner
• Understand and practice patient confidentiality
• Display a professional appearance
• Interpret cardiac rhythm data with accuracy
• Edit and process cardiac monitor strips per department standard
• Report rhythm changes and lethal arrhythmias with urgency
• Input and interact with computer software as necessary
• Documentation is clear and comprehensive
• Take pride in his/her own work, is thorough, accurate and timely with all assignments and clinical duties
• Strive for excellence in all aspects of job
• Understand and follow SVHC and department policies and procedures
• Communicate patient information clearly and accurately with nursing staff in various departments
• Have an understanding of the equipment used for cardiac monitoring and report problems to management staff and BioMed staff.
• Supportive to the mission, vision and focus of SVHC
• Willing to participate in student and staff experiences as required
• Contribute to a “team” atmosphere by demonstrating excellent communication skills and willing to go beyond normal expectations to meet the needs of others
• Does not accrue overtime unnecessarily or abuse sick time.
• Demonstrates a commitment to continue personal and/or professional development
• Approaches each day with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for their job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One year health care experience preferred. Must be able to successfully complete Basic Dysrythmia course and orientation. Must have good communication skills.