New York Blood Center Mobile Receptionist in Topeka, Kansas
At Community Blood Center of Greater Kansas City, we have a passionate enthusiasm for service excellence. We believe diversity drives innovation, and we strive to cultivate a workforce as dynamic and diverse as the communities we serve. CBC seeks creative visionaries who thrive in a culture that fosters growth and advancement. We invite you to build and evolve with a global institution committed to excellence in blood banking, transfusion medicine and cellular therapies, and innovative research. Explore our career opportunities, and learn more about how your skills and expertise can save lives and strengthen communities locally, nationally, and around the world.
Under the direction of the Collection Supervisor, greets and directs donors and guests of the blood center at mobile blood drives. Performs registration of donors in the Blood Establishment Computer System (BECS) per Registration Standard Operating Procedures.
Supports organizational quality efforts by accepting responsibility for:
• Reporting any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system, and
• Participating in the implementation of solutions to problems.
• Assists with unloading and loading of trucks by helping to bring items from truck to mobile sites.
• Set up registration area
• Greet donors in a friendly fashion
• Access donor in BECS system and verify or enter address, telephone, and other applicable demographic information
• Create a donor visit and enter appropriate collection type, use type, and group code
• Question donor about previous names or nicknames
• Print donor History Form, as applicable
• Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding donors and staff
• Review donor consent when applicable
• Give donor educational materials and provide instructions on completing donor questionnaire
• Tear down reception area and pack equipment for transport
• Following MUO transport, responsible for docking the laptops servers per SOP
• Maintains safe and clean registration area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Must be able to confidently communicate and interpret intermediate information in English to all members of the public and CBC staff
• Complies with CBC safety policies and procedures
• WORK HOURS AND DAYS VARY SO MUST BE VERY FLEXIBLE
• High school diploma or equivalent. Must provide a copy of the transcript.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills required.
• Computer knowledge and experience is helpful but not necessary
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Superior attention to details
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work effectively with diverse group of people (donors and staff)
External Company Name: Community Blood Center Of Greater Kansas City
External Company URL: https://savealifenow.org
Street: 6220 Southwest 29th Street