Fiserv Finxact - Contract Attorney in Topeka, Kansas
Finxact, a Fiserv Company (Finxact) is seeking a motivated, practical and solution-oriented Contract Attorney to review, draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements. This position is part of the Risk Management team. The successful candidate will be a law graduate with 5+ years of experience in US technology, SaaS and financial services contract law with excellent technical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• 5+ years of experience drafting and negotiating enterprise technology transaction documents, such as SaaS subscription agreements, software licenses with technology vendors and financial services customers.
• Maintain familiarity with regulatory requirements for third party service providers to regulated financial institutions and have experience in financial technology and associated regulations
• Work with cross functional groups to understand and interpret business requirements into legal terms and conditions
• Ability to evaluate business cases, identify legal risks and effectively communicate risks with senior executives
• Ensure consistency of enterprise technology transaction documents to ensure compliance with company policies and goals.
• Protect and mitigate company risks that may arise from contractual commitments.
• Ability and willingness to present issues to senior management and work closely on resolutions.
• Work independently and identify areas to continually improve and drive efficiency into the contracting process with internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with executive team and company business units to develop contract strategies.
• Ability to clearly communicate critical issues, present analysis and drive toward solutions on an ongoing basis.
• Manage contractual timelines and discussions regarding renewals, amendments, change orders
Education and Experience Minimum Qualifications
• 5+ years experience in contracting for SaaS and/or Financial Technology.
• Licensed attorney.
• No misconduct and in good standing with the State Bar.
• Experience in document management software.
• Knowledge of U.S. data security and privacy laws is preferred.
• Prior law firm and/or in house experience with B2B SaaS company preferred
• Relationship management.
• Effective and succinct oral communication
• Clear and concise written communication
• Analytical and logical reasoning
• Technical Skills
• Legal Research
• Remote (telecommute) position within the contiguous United States.
• Minimal travel (<5%) for occasional team meetings.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work may vary but generally Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work.