Siemens Digital Industries Software Director of Battery Industry Solutions in Topeka, Kansas
The Solution Director is a Senior, experienced global technology and business leader who applies deep battery industry knowledge and best practices to contribute individually and collaborate with global teams of business development and technical contributors, from Sales and Services to Software Development and Marketing.
We are focusing in this role on individuals who possess deep knowledge developing and applying Siemens DI portfolios, supporting design and manufacturing methodologies, and creating the future of Industrial Automation for the Battery Industry.
Build the future direction of Siemens Battery portfolio by leading initiatives focused on developing winning solutions for complete Battery supply chain.
• Define battery solutions that span the full Digital Industry portfolio with a focus on combining engineering and manufacturing software with automation hardware and systems, involving subject matter experts from the field and relevant business segments
• Create unique solutions that anticipate future opportunities, uncovering and resolving unmet industry needs, by applying software and hardware-based solutions to key Battery industry business processes
• Establish firm financial foundation for unmet solution opportunities based on best-in-class industry process context and business value justification
• Collaborate with selected external solution partners to extend Battery industry solution capabilities
Support the Battery industry go-to-market through industry solution campaigns and field enablement in high priority areas
• Support definition of Battery industry solution messaging and value propositions
• Collaborate with Industry and Business Unit marketing teams to enable them to create compelling internally and externally facing campaign materials
Engage and enable Sales and Strategic Customers
• Support industry solution go-to-market enablement for direct and channel sales organizations
• Engage with strategic customers to understand solution requirements
• Support sale of strategic Battery industry solutions
Support the global Battery industry strategy through providing guidance to Industry Leadership in defining industry strategy and aligning relevant stakeholders in the company
Prerequisites & Essential Functions
Engineering Degree – Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Software, Manufacturing Operations Management, or equivalent
Detailed knowledge of Battery industry business methods, processes, and practices, with excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
Concentrated experience in Battery industry. Experience working in multi-disciplinary engineering teams, in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: Battery Manufacturing, Product Design, Simulation, Integration & Engineering, Service & Support, Lifecycle Management, Sustainability and/or Industrial IoT
Direct, practical experience with several of the following software technology categories corresponding to Siemens DI portfolio in engineering, manufacturing, and automation:
o Engineering (Electrochemistry, CFD, MCAD, ECAD, EDA, CAE, PLM, ALM, Automation Engineering),
o Manufacturing (Manufacturing Engineering, CAM, Manufacturing Operations Management (MES))
o Automations (Industrial IoT, Analytics, Factory and Process Automation)
Work Conditions / Physical Requirements
• Normal office environment. Can work from home, within a 2-hour drive to a regional airport or work from a local office if located in most major cities
• This is a global role, and it is expected that the candidate has appropriate freedom to travel in accordance with aforementioned responsibilities
• It is expected that candidates are comfortable in customer manufacturing settings, highly adaptive and comfortable in a myriad of manufacturing environments with the physical restrictions typically found in automated manufacturing.
At Siemens we are always challenging
ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and
diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about
the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law,Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based onjob requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legallyprotected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .
Job Family: Research & Development
Req ID: 319245