TheCollegeBoard Director, BigFuture School Analytics - REQ001424_43245530923_15-3175 in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12833589 Director, BigFuture School Analytics
College Board -
Governance Higher Education and Membership
Location: This is a fully remote role. Candidates who live near CB offices have the option of being fully remote or hybrid (Tuesday and Wednesday in office)
: This is a full-time position
About the Team
The BigFuture Reporting and Analytics team is a small team of six with big impact, responsible for delivering insights to their colleagues across BigFuture product, program, sales, and marketing functions. They are relied upon to drive clear visibility on student and higher ed engagement, highlighting areas of strength and opportunity, and building resources that power new insights that can be leveraged across teams. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will deliver insights, resources, and infrastructure to support our newest product launch.
About the Opportunity
The Director of BigFuture School Analytics will be focused on driving visibility and insight on engagement in our new college exploration platform, using data to (1) evaluate the overall health of the platform, (2) deliver recommendations on how we can increase engagement, (3) guide and activate product, marketing, and field staff on the areas of greatest opportunity, and (4) deliver actionable insights to our higher ed members to support their use of BigFuture School and Connections.
The Director will collaborate across cross-functional teams to drive action in service of our goals of connecting more students with postsecondary success, particularly for under-served student populations.
In this role, you will:
Design reports and analytics (40%)
- Develop and own key program and product data reporting packages, dashboards, and narrative updates on BigFuture School participation to serve product, marketing, business, and field teams. Convey trends and findings to internal stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Analyze data to identify the most promising opportunities for improving student engagement. Develop insights on student behavior by segment, seeking to understand which students take which college-going actions across different channels.
Build toolkits and resources to support colleagues (40%)
- Build interactive dashboards and related tools to provide teams with the access to data and insights they need to drive improved outcomes. Build team capacity to self-serve findings and analysis.
- Create projections to inform goal setting and financial forecasts.
- Partner with IT to ensure internal systems support these needs
Lead, manage, and execute strategic initiatives (20%)
- Manage across cross-functional teams toshape and deliver on data requests that support their work. Synthesize and explain findings so that colleagues and leadership understand what is happening and what to do.
- Proactively identify and execute on opportunities to better meet the needs of both students and higher ed, which may include developing new ways to leverage our wealth of data to deliver insights to students on the college-going process.
- Significant experience working with large-scale transactional databases (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, MS Azure, etc.)- including intermediate SQL skills (e.g., Window Functions, Common Table Expressions)
- Demonstrated experience in driving a portfolio of dashboards/ tools to support cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to communicate complex quantitative insights simply, via writing/visuals and verbally
- Adept problem-solver; ability to start with the big picture and progressing to the analytical details, dealing with uncertainties and ambigui ies when needed
- Excellent operator that identifies the best way to get something done at a matrixed organization
- Eager to iteratively improve reporting by partnering with stakeholders (data-savvy and not) across the organization
- Demonstrates flexibility, curiosity, and initiative to tackle problems big and small: you delight in digging deep into data to uncover new insights about students
- A strong commitment to expanding educational opportunity for millions of students
- A bachelor\'s degree is required
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
About Our Process
- Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled
- While the hiring process may vary, it generally includes: resume and application submission, recruiter phone screen, hiring manager interview, performance exercise and/or panel interview, and reference checks. This is an approximately 8-week process
About Our Benefits and Compensation
College Board offers a competitive benefits and compens