Stride, Inc. Database Management Manager (Virtual) - JR100197_47099288305_11-7698 in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12837007 Job Description
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning - powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed - however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers - whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
This position manages Stride\'s team of Database Administrators (DBAs). This position is responsible for ensuring the reliability, scalability, and security of Stride\'s database systems.
: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Manage a team of DBAs, providing mentorship and guidance to ensure the team\'s success.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team, setting a high bar for quality and delivery.
- Work closely with development teams to assist with the design and implementation of database schemas and queries from development through production.
- Manage database security and ensure compliance with relevant regulations (e.g. SOX, SOC1, etc...).
- Ensure proper processes and documentation are in place and updated on a regular basis (e.g. base configurations, escalation procedures, etc...)
- Monitor database performance and identify and troubleshoot issues to ensure optimal uptime and reliability 24x7x365
- Build, maintain, and execute plans for database backup and recovery, including disaster recovery.
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement
- Collaborate with project managers to plan and manage individual projects for database changes, upgrades, migrations and new connectivity needs.
- Manage multiple database technologies, including Oracle, Postgres, etc.., across multiple cloud platforms including AWS, Azure and Oracle Cloud.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 7-12 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization\'s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of Experience in Database Administration
- 1 year of Management experience
- Extensive experience with Postgres and/or Oracle database management systems.
- Experience configuring, querying and managing infrastructure in AWS using the AWS Console, CloudFormation Templates and the AWS cli.
- Experience managing third party vendors and contracts for DBA support and/or database development.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Solid track record of successful results working with remote teams.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and maintain complex database systems.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot issues quickly and fficiently and effectively delegate tasks and allow teams to resolve issues.
- Experience in managing network and security expectations, requirements and operations.
- Experience in Jira and ServiceNow
- Experience coordinating with team members across different time zones
- Bachelor\'s Degree(s)
: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person\'s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position\'s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee\'s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position\'s level and expected contribution, and the employee\'s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of t