Stride, Inc. Creative Analyst (Remote) - CREAT030224-1_47099288305_11-7698 in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12836989 Job Description
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning - powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed - however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers - whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Instructional Designer (ID) 2 follows ID principles as defined by evidence-based practices and, where appropriate, the Company\'s style guidelines.
This position designs bite-sized courses, modular lessons, and downloadable assets that meet subject matter learning objectives for teachers and school leaders. The designer is expected to draw upon the strengths of the existing team, contribute new ideas for product enhancements, and remain focused on quality and consistency to advance the mission of the Stride Professional Development Center (SPDC).
:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develops and revises storyboards, assessments and hands-on activities in collaboration with subject matter experts, other members of the design team, or SPDC leadership;
- Creates a plan of action when presenting ideas for inclusion in the content roadmap;
- Edits courses and lessons for instructional soundness, pace of presentation, age-appropriateness, consistency of tone and style and general readability;
- Leverages content-building tools to create media (one-pagers, videos, etc.) that is integrated into online courses that are both responsive and accessible;
- Schedules regular meetings with subject matter experts to discuss needs and next steps regarding content for course development;
- Adheres to roadmap timelines for release of new courses into the SPDC course catalog;
- Uploads text, assessments and inputs items into the Content Management System (CMS), making corrections to text, assessments and graphics in CMS as needed and recommending future CMS upgrades;
- Consults with the rest of the team to discuss standards and consistency of content, style, visuals and PDFs that are coordinated across courses, units, and lessons;
- Runs accessibility testing of materials to ensure the content reaches a wide group of learners;
- Incorporates review feedback - both internal and external - for editing of previously released courses;
- Seeks to continue growing and developing by staying appraised of current research and new instructional design applications in the field.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Three (3) years of experience in learning product development
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong technology and writing skills that leads to a \"learner focus\" by using media and design techniques
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence and high standards
- Demonstrated ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data and creatively deliver solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on large-scale projects and adapt to new environments and meet new challenges head on
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.); Web proficiency.
- Ability to clear required background check
- Bachelor\'s degree in Instructional Design or related field
- Teaching and/or curriculum development experience
- Experience in DominKnow or another ID e-learning authoring tool (Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, etc.) is preferred. Experience building inside a platform like Wordpress will also suffice.
:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits:Stride, Inc. considers a person\'s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position\'s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required tra