Mirror Inc. Corrections Technician FT in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12836966
A Corrections Technician performs duties under the supervision of the Mirror Federal Programs Director and Chief of Security at the Residential Reentry Center (RRC.) Technicians play a key role to ensuring programs and operations offered by Mirror to its contracting authorities (Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP)) are fulfilled in an accurate and consistent manner. The Corrections Technician shall operate in an ethical, professional manner, interact with others in such a fashion as to create and maintain respect for Mirror and our funding source (i.e., BOP.) They should be familiar with the statement of work and the contractual provisions set forth in the agreement with BOP. They shall act in accordance with the policies determined by the Board of Directors and shall abide by all applicable federal, state and local regulations. In short, the duties of this position include supervision of federal residents, documenting resident behavior in the agencys electronic data management system, clerical tasks as related to the work environment, security of the facility, fostering the accountability of residents, collection and the related paperwork requirements of resident urinalysis testing, and assisting other staff whenever needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise residents during the assigned hours per the agencys accountability standards.
2. Monitor and engage with residents as required.
3. Provide training and presentations to residents and supervise recreational activities as directed by your supervisor.
4. Familiarize yourself daily with the status of each individual resident through daily briefings with staff and reviewing the facility log. Staff must ensure they are prepared for their shift by being properly informed of issues which may impact their workday (i.e., emails, shift log, directives from supervisors.)
5. Complete orientation related paperwork on each new resident as directed by your supervisor.
6. When directed by your supervisor, provide transportation for residents to community-based providers. This might include appointments to court hearings, doctors offices, mental health providers, etc...
7. Maintain a record of all resident movement within the given facility.
8. Maintain resident and program confidentiality as required by federal law.
9. Supervise and observe residents during the urine specimen collection process.
10. Notify the appropriate supervisor if a resident fails to provide a urine sample when required.
11. Ensure the safety of the residents served by the Residential Reentry Center residential building while you are on duty.
12. Monitor residents as necessary when on Mirror property, at Mirror related activities in the community or while at scheduled appointments with community providers.
13. While on duty, maintain a true and accurate record of residents movement and behavior and of other program related activities on the forms provided by Mirror or within the agencys electronic data management system.
14. Must attend and participate in all staff meetings as directed by the Mirror Federal Programs Director.
15. Assure copies of all official program communications and resident related materials are filed appropriately and in the designated resident files.
16. Complete required documents and processes as outlined in policy, operations manual, and direction from supervisory staff.
17. Handle crisis situations as they might arise. Intervene appropriately to diffuse or de-escalate pot ntially harmful situations.
18. Be available for case staffing conferences and staff meetings when scheduled by your supervisor.
19. Record and deposit resident subsistence, which is collected via the policy and procedures, set forth by the agency. Assist in the collection of subsistence as it directly impacts the relationship between the resident and BOP.
20. Assist Mirror\'s program and administrative staff with BOP compliance and audit conditions.
21. Supervise resident clean-up of kitchen facilities, living areas, and common spaces located in and surrounding the facility.
22. Perform other job-related functions as directed by your immediate supervisor.