Vontier Business Operations Director, E-Mobility in Topeka, Kansas
The world depends on Gilbarco Veeder-Root products to stay moving. We are the worldwide technology leader for retail and commercial fueling operations. We continue to evolve as smart cities, urbanization, electrification of vehicles, and advanced vehicle diagnostics drive the industry forward. Offering the broadest range of innovative, integrated solutions in the industry, Gilbarco Veeder-Root has delivered value, built extraordinary teams, and earned customer trust for more than 150 years. To learn more about us visit: www.gilbarco.com.
Purpose of the position
This role is responsible for managing the overall business operations in North America which includes commercial, service operations and support. The role’s primary focus is ensuring outstanding field and remote service and SaaS operations (including driver and site help desk operations) for Gilbarco e-Mobility products leveraging Gilbarco Veeder-Root’s network of service providers, software tools, and relationships with equipment vendors. The role’s secondary focus is to drive growth through development of the pre-sales commercial function and managing service and maintenance contracts with direct customers and broader e-Mobility stakeholders (CPOs, OEMs, etc.). Additionally, the role is accountable for implementing service aspects of Gilbarco’s e-Mobility strategy.
Reporting to the Head of North America e-Mobility, the role will drive growth, stability, and an overall stronger performance for the eMobility business.
· Drive and develop the commercial strategies and plans to achieve business growth objectives with Sales Managers, GVR NA Service leads and prospective customers.
· Managing the service & SaaS operations by streamlining processes and building capability across site support, help desk support operations and field service.
· Maintain overall SLA at targeted & benchmarked KPI levels on a continuous basis for the total service business. Measure customer satisfaction and operational deliverables to drive a continuous improvement program for business performance, responsiveness, and process efficiency.
· Create and maintain training for Authorized Service Contractors to enable service delivery for all e-Mobility product lines.
· Develop capability, tools and processes for the commercial operations of the business including customer funding support, sales campaigns, RFPs and inside sales activities.
· Actively drive the sales funnel for the service organization, through the sales team, service operations managers and directly with customers through daily management focus on sales action plans, sales boards and counter measures where required.
· Grow sustainable market share across relevant verticals by effectively communicating the key value drivers of GVRs aftermarket & service network. Refine and tailor the value proposition and unique selling points (USPs) of GVR with its Service offerings to the specific customer context and business opportunity.
· Gather customer, competitive and market information and use this to drive the service commercial offer and pricing strategy.
· Build trust and form strong relationships with key customers to drive growth.
· Effective team leadership – managing, monitoring, and coaching your direct reports
· Effectively manage the service revenue and profitability and deliver appropriate reporting to management
· Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery, inventory and productivity through the utilization of VBS (Vontier Business System).
· Gilbarco Veeder-Root (GVR) requires that all employees comply with the GVR Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policy, as well as the Vontier Code of Conduct.
· E-Mobility market development team
· E-Mobility product managers
· 4 Direct reports
· Fueling Solutions VP Customer Experience
· VP Customer Success (Invenco by GVR)
· North America Service team
· Other Vontier family product and service teams (especially Driivz, Sparkion, and Invenco)
· Customers (including convenience store owner/operators, major oil companies, and fleet operators to identify, validate, and deliver roadmap and commercial plans)
· 3rd party e-Mobility ecosystem participants (via networking, attendance at conferences, and business development activities)
· Hardware vendors (EV charger manufacturers and other hardware vendors/suppliers)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Proven track record at manager level with evidence of achievement of objectives, budgets, KPI’s, tangible margin improvements and continual improvements
· A proven manager of people with a measurable track record of creating successful teams in service delivery with tangible achievements in improvement and change management.
· Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
· Excellent analytical skills – the ability to assimilate and analyze base data and provide commercially sound and viable business solutions.
· Goal focused, reputation for delivery, passion for service excellence.
· The ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills coupled with effective customer facing skills.
· Resilience, persistence, and determination
· An ability to listen, demonstrate empathy and gain people’s trust at all levels.
· A strong commitment and demonstrable experience of driving employee engagement
· Highly organized, with the ability to effectively manage the impact of competing pressures and conflicting priorities.
· Awareness of appropriate H&S and statutory regulations as it pertains to the role and the industry.
· Strong manager level skills in general office software tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Required skills: Education, Experience / knowledge, Role specific skills
· Minimum Bachelors’ degree
· Minimum 10 years’ service business management or equivalent
· Experience developing and managing business processes & operations.
WHO WE ARE
The world depends on Gilbarco Veeder-Root products to stay moving. We are the worldwide technology leader for retail and commercial fueling operations. We continue to evolve as smart cities, urbanization, electrification of vehicles, and advanced vehicle diagnostics drive the industry forward. Offering the broadest range of innovative, integrated solutions in the industry, Gilbarco Veeder-Root has delivered value, built extraordinary teams, and earned customer trust for more than 150 years. To learn more about us visit: www.gilbarco.com .
WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier (NYSE: VNT) is a global industrial technology company uniting critical mobility and multi-energy technologies and solutions to meet the needs of a rapidly evolving, more connected mobility ecosystem. Leveraging leading market positions, decades of domain expertise and unparalleled portfolio breadth, Vontier enables the way the world moves – delivering smart, safe, and sustainable solutions to our customers and the planet. Vontier has a culture of continuous improvement built upon the foundation of the Vontier Business System and embraced by over 8,500 colleagues worldwide. Additional information about Vontier is available on the Company’s website at www.vontier.com .
"Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law."