Jacobs Building Mechanical Engineer -- Remote in Topeka, Kansas
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Jacobs Advanced Manufacturing Mechanical team has an opening for an experienced Building Mechanical Engineer to prepare HVAC design packages. The best part is you can live anywhere within the U.S. to support our team remotely. You’ll work alongside our team of engineers and designers, perform field investigations, interface with clients & vendors, size and select equipment, and prepare construction design packages.
Here are a few other key facets of your role within our team:
• Layout and design of HVAC systems for various types of clients, including electric vehicles, data centers, industrial, chemical, pulp & paper, general manufacturing, and pharmaceutical facilities.
• Development of the design criteria for the HVAC systems. These HVAC systems would include general comfort heating and cooling, those with accurate temperature or humidity control, unique pressurization requirements, and/or cleanliness requirements for clean room applications.
• Development of conceptual design and preliminary design documents, which would include calculations related to sizing and selecting of these systems, the development of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and general arrangements.
• Layout of Ductwork systems based on a Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID).
• Development of final design documents including specification, sequences of operation, piping layout, and final construction documents associated with these systems. These systems would include chilled water, cooling water, etc.
• Coordination with other disciplines.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of HVAC and plumbing/utility systems.
• Thorough knowledge of codes and standards related to design of HVAC systems.
• Professional Engineering license.
• Bachelor's of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Adaptability to work within a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Ability to follow direction and to collaborate with other team members.
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Software experience in Revit, SmartPlant 3D, AutoCAD, Carrier HAP, Trane Trace.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.