Colgate Palmolive Analytics Engineer (Remote) in Topeka, Kansas
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 114840 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
We're looking for an experienced data and analytics professional to join our Global Commercial Analytics team. The ideal candidate will develop and automate data transformation pipelines integrating data sources from various parts of the business to drive customer understanding and operational efficiency. As an early member of the analytics team, your role will influence the tech stack and frameworks we develop across the organization. As an Analytics Engineer, you will collaborate with departments across the company, including Marketing, Sales, Digital, and eCommerce. In addition to building data transformation pipelines, your responsibilities will include supporting the development, maintenance, and operational stability of data engineering and analytics infrastructure. Examples of data science projects you will contribute to include segmentation-based personalization, marketing mix modeling, and customer lifetime value.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Use SQL and Python to write production-quality code to meet the data transformation needs of analysts, data scientists, and other business partners
● Support the use of analytics platforms and data science workflows, while identifying ways to strengthen and scale our data foundation
● Help design and develop transparent ELT pipelines that deliver timely and accurate data to end users
● Translate business requirements and logic into well-documented data models to drive clarity and efficiency for end users
● Collaborate cross functionally to understand and identify data needs and opportunities to use data to drive business solutions
● Communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience in a compelling manner
● Evaluate external partners across different dimensions for analytics initiatives
● Partner with IT to align on data architecture, analytics tools, and other technologies
● You are a champion for data quality, transparency, and documentation
● You are comfortable conveying technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders
● You are able to clearly and dynamically translate information into impactful insights to technical and non-technical audiences
● You have curiosity to take ambiguous problems and tackle them to achieve hypothesis-driven results
● You have the ability to balance multiple projects at once and deliver projects independently
At least 5 years of professional experience as a data analyst, data scientist, or data engineer
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of SQL and/or Python to wrangle, clean, and integrate data from a variety of sources
Demonstrated understanding of modern data warehouse design principles and data engineering best practices
Practical experience using data visualization and/or BI tools (e.g., Domo, Tableau) to analyze data
Preferred Education & Experience
Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field a plus
Demonstrated understanding of marketing analytics concepts, including marketing mix modeling, churn risk prediction, and customer lifetime value
Demonstrated experience with Git/GitHub, dbt Core/Cloud, and Airflow
Familiarity with SAP systems (ECC, C4C)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com , or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.