SitusAMC Analyst, SAS in Topeka, Kansas
SitusAMC is where the best and most passionate people come to transform our client’s businesses and their own careers. Whether you’re a real estate veteran, a passionate technologist, or looking to get your start, join us as we work together to realize opportunities for everyone, we proudly serve.
At SitusAMC, we are looking to match your unique experience with one of our amazing careers, so that we can help you realize your potential and career growth within the Real Estate Industry. If you are someone who can be yourself, advocate for others, stay nimble, dream big, own every outcome, and think global but act local – come join our team!
This role will provide support in the delivery of due diligence and real estate analysis for CMBS, agency multifamily, securitization and other commercial real estate loan underwriting and debt consulting services. This role involves participating in managing multiple transactions with multiple clients under tight timelines.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide analytical support in the underwriting and closing of commercial real estate loans or securitizations or affordable housing loans on behalf of our clients
· Review, analyze and/or interpret financial operating statements, rent rolls, third party reports, tenant lease agreements, surveys, title reports, zoning reports, property insurance policies, credit reports, and other due diligence requirements
· Assist with loan closings and procure needed closing items
· Research, analyze and summarize tenant level information including financial trends and credit ratings or stock market capitalization
· Conduct telephone interviews to solicit market data with brokers, appraisers, investors and other market participants
· Research, analyze and summarize market and submarket information including inventory, absorption, new/proposed development, and rent and vacancy trends
· Extract pertinent data from appraisal engineering, environmental and other third-party reports
· Write property, market, borrower/sponsor descriptions, and third-party report summaries that will be included in credit memos and asset summary reports
· Assist in developing value conclusions for all property types
· Such other activities as may be assigned by your manager
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of education and experience
· Preferred fields of study include accounting, finance, real estate and business
· 0-3 years' experience in real estate related or financial services industry, such as appraisal, brokerage, or banking primarily focused on commercial properties
· Experienced underwriting agency multifamily, CMBS or CRE balance sheet loans or securitization is strongly preferred
· Familiarity with commercial real estate, affordable housing loans, due diligence process, commercial lending policies, securitization and credit and risk management policies
· Full understanding of property sectors (office, retail, industrial, hotel, multifamily) and their different investment characteristics and an ability to see the "big picture" in commercial real estate and capital markets finance transactions
· Proficient in Argus preferred
· Excel and cash flow modeling skills
· Strong communication & business writing skills
· Depending on deal flow, this position may require long workdays and weekend work as needed
· The employee may be required to report to a different local office as a normal, contemplated, and mandated incident of their employment
· Office environment with frequent computer, mouse, keyboard use
· Alternating between sitting or standing as needed
· Hearing, talking, reaching, grasping
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive or exclusive. At any time, employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and participate in additional trainings.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
EEO is the Law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
SitusAMC does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies, search firms or any third parties. Any unsolicited resume submitted to SitusAMC in any manner will be considered SitusAMC property, and SitusAMC will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Remote, RE, USA
The annual full time base salary range for this role is ($46,800 - $75,000). Specific compensation is determined through interviews and a review of relevant education, experience, training, skills, geographic location and alignment with market data. Additionally, certain positions may be eligible to receive a discretionary bonus as determined by bonus program guidelines, position eligibility and SitusAMC Senior Management approval. SitusAMC offers PTO and paid holidays, the terms of which are set forth in the program policies. All full time employees also are eligible to participate in various benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance and 401K; in each case in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans.