Health Services Advisory Group, Inc. Analyst II - REMOTE - 1031/702/3645_43067705237_10-3819 in Topeka, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12762650 Job Details
HSAG is nationally recognized as an industry leader in the areas of healthcare data analysis, measure development, and survey research. We are in search of talented individuals who are interested in a career in analytics as an Analyst II in HSAG\'s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division. Together we can spread positive change to make healthcare better.
The Analyst II position benefits from HSAG\'s desire to grow its staff into leaders of healthcare quality improvement in the nation. During the first year, new HSAG analysts are provided formal internal training in statistics, machine learning, clinical epidemiology, SAS, Tableau, healthcare data, and an assortment of healthcare-related topics. The Analyst II position also offers the opportunity to mentor junior-level staff.
- A comfortable work-life balance, including half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules.
- Three weeks of paid time off and 15 company-paid holidays where staff leave two hours early prior to each holiday to get a \"jump start\" on holiday festivities.
HSAG offers a competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement and 401(k).
The Analyst II position is a key contributor to cutting-edge analytic work that spans the broad spectrum of healthcare data projects at HSAG. Driven by intellectual curiosity and a passion for healthcare quality, the Analyst II position helps lead components of innovative analytic plans that are intended to provide healthcare decision and policy makers with the necessary information to transform healthcare. HSAG analysts within the Data Science & Advanced Analytics division assist in designing a wide array of analytic studies and participate in all phases of the research design process. Analysts may work with a wide array of data to facilitate data exploration, including (but not limited to) the following data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as an integral part of HSAG Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Directly support multiple small- to medium-sized analytic projects.
- Understand primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Evaluate a wide array of data types.
- Conduct and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Perform data validation, conduct analysis plans, and cross reference data.
- Attend and participate in team training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
Compensation: 80000 - 90000
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor\'s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., math, statistics, economics, and epidemiology)
Master\'s degree preferred
A minimum of two (2) years of work experience.
At least two (2) years of healthcare experience.
At least two (2) years of statistics and/or quantitative analysis experience.
Proficient in the use of SAS software for statistical programming
SAS certification preferred.
Proficient in the use of SQL.
Experience working with elational databases.
Experience contributing to report writing and formal written deliverables.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developmen