Aerotek Yard Hostler in Tonganoxie, Kansas
LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED HOSTLER DRIVERS IN TONGANOXIE, KS!!!
• Moves loaded and empty trailers in and out of the docks.
• Moves loaded and empty trailers for Hills when needed following safety procedures
• Drives empty and loaded trailers within the confines of the property. NOT ALLOWED TO OPERATE on state and federal roadways.
• Completes yard check daily to verify accuracy of the trailers in the yard.
• Performs manual duties out of the truck as assigned (i.e. Trailer inspections, opening and closing trailer doors,).
• Ensures product or equipment is inspected & free of damage or contamination.
• Completes paperwork/documentation properly.
• Uses a basic computer and or tablet for documentation purposes.
• Operates handheld radio.
• Daily housekeeping of the tractor being operated that day.
• Reports any inconsistencies to the Traffic Coordinator.
heavy equipment operation
stand up reach
One (1) year experience operating a yard hostler or similar equipment.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.