Actalent Animal Care Technician in Stilwell, Kansas
The Animal Care Technician will perform animal husbandry duties and have responsibility for the overall welfare of a variety of laboratory animals.
What you will be doing?
• Responsible for the humane care and treatment of all species within the animal care unit
• Provide routine animal care consisting of feeding, watering, and cage and room cleaning
• Responsible for the receipt of animals, proper identification, and placement of animals in appropriate housing
• Perform animal handling, animal identification and randomization
• Assist in the operation and maintenance of equipment such as cage and glassware washers, scales and balances
• Maintain pertinent records in compliance with SOPs, USDA, FDA, and AAALAC International regulations and guidelines
• Maintain study support areas and procedure rooms, keeping them clean, stocked, and ready for use
• Assist the clinical veterinarian in physical examination, treatment of laboratory animals and assist with the animal health programs
• May assist in the conduct of research studies as needed including the use of various animal dosing techniques
• Provide weekend, holiday, and after-hours work, usually on a rotational basis
animal husbandry, animal handling, animal research, cleaning, detail, veterinary hospital, animal science, washing
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
The Requirements of the Position:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Animal care or research laboratory work experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and animal behavior observation skills
• Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Computer skills, including the ability to learn a new system
• Ability to work under specific time constraints
• Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays; sometimes on short notice.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.