City of Spring Hill, Kansas Aquatic Center - Lifeguard in Spring Hill, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12760697
SEASONAL POSITION\ \ This position is responsible for the overall daily operation of the Citys swimming pool. The Lifeguard is responsible for the supervision of pool patrons, maintaining training standards, daily pool maintenance and operational activities, and record keeping.
- Monitors and attends to pool patrons.
- Displays the knowledge and has the ability to initiate and perform the Emergency Operation Plan, including all procedures and skills.
- Perform all lifeguard skills, including first aid, CPR, emergency and safety procedures, and rescue maneuvers. Operate all applicable equipment.
- Attend required in-service training, maintain weekly swimming, and pre-season training and daily training requirements.
- Exhibit a high degree of customer service skills and positive attitude with staff and customers.
- Observes and aids in communication and enforcement of policies and procedures to staff and the public to promote safety.
- Assists and performs daily setup and cleaning of the facility, daily activities and programs, events and operations, and maintenance of equipment.
- Must be able to comply with and promote safety and sanitary regulations according to federal, state, county, local and organizational requirements.
- Make routine inspections of facilities to determine functionality and safety, including restrooms, pool deck, and inside and outside the pool perimeter, and report unsatisfactory conditions.
- Complete essential reports of first aid and rescue incidents.