TEKsystems Sr. Software Engineer in Shawnee Mission, Kansas
TEKsystems is hiring a high level, Sr. Software Engineer focused on the backend to help support their CRM reliability team. The position is slated to be a 12-month contract, with Black Friday being the watermark deadline for their project. This position can sit 100% remote and open to sub vendor candidates.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs as required. In alignment with product and technology roadmaps, this senior role plays an integral part in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and requires good communication skills with management and team members.
• Develop new or maintain and refactor existing programs based on specifications
• Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
• Actively participate in agile team activities
• Participate in the design of new or changing programs
• Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
• Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
• Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
• Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned applications, functional areas or projects
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
• Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
• Working experience in refactoring, re-architecting and applying design patterns in complex commercial applications.
• Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
• Working experience in coding within multiple technology stacks (e.g. Front-end: browser and device)
• Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
• Working experience in analysis, design and programming using C# .NET Core.
• Working experience with appropriate database technologies, including SQL Server. Having experience with cloud-based relational and non-relation databases is not required but highly desired.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
• 5 – 8 years of working experience is desirable.
Software development, Microservices, Api, .net, c#.net, c#, .net core, sql server, aws, agile, development, web application
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Refactoring, re-architecting, & applying design patterns in complex commercial applications.
Experience working in a highly scalable environment.
Great communication and experience working in a fast-paced environment
If you have questions please call Paige Lewis at 620-382-6946 (not the 913 # please), if interested though please apply and she will get with you as soon as possible to go over the role if the position is open.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.