AdventHealth Speech Pathologist PRN in Shawnee, Kansas
Speech Language Pathologist PRN – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: PRN, As Needed
Minimum 2 weekend day shifts per month (more would be great)
Some Weekday Shifts, as Needed
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Responsible for the assessment and treatment of persons with communication and swallowing disorders. The Speech Pathologist will screen, evaluate, diagnose, provide therapy, and education for a variety of communication and swallowing disorders in children and adults. Works directly with physicians, dentists, teachers, audiologists, Speech Pathologists, Physical/Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, and Rehabilitation office staff. Exemplifies customer service.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties and being supportive toward their continued growth.
· Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, and for scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatment.
· Maintains a good attendance record.
· Communicates honestly and confronts issues and problems in a private setting.
· Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; doesn’t question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
· Projects a positive image through high professional standards of conduct and appearance.
· Promotes the dignity of our customers by maintaining patient modesty.
· Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and following HIPAA guidelines, including appropriate use of social media
· Adheres to hospital and department policies.
· Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Completes all documentation in accordance with department, practice, policy and procedure.
· Provides complete patient care from initial evaluation through discharge with instruction for post discharge care in accordance with department, practice, policies and procedures.
· Screens and identifies communication and swallowing disorders.
· Evaluates and diagnoses communication and swallowing disorders.
· Interprets diagnostic findings to patient, family, and referral source.
· Develops home programs for patients.
· Develops programs to be used at schools to reinforce communication goals.
· Sends consultation and progress reports to referral sources.
· Provides educational training for family members of persons with communication and swallowing disorders.
· Reviews and revises treatment programs as indicated.
· Starts patient care on time.
· Demonstrates the initiative to learn and apply new processes and procedures by attending inservices, pertinent continuing education seminars, and reading professional journals.
· Responsible for inservicing staff after attendance at seminars/conventions, as appropriate.
· Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and go the extra mile.
· Attends case conferences, IEP meetings, etc.
· Assists in developing Speech Pathology protocols.
· Provides educational programs to other hospital departments, physicians, nurses and other health care professionals.
· Participates in student supervision as indicated.
· Applies new developments in communication and swallowing disorders to departmental protocols.
· Develops integrated protocols with other hospital departments.
· Exemplifies customer service.
· Participates on department committees as appropriate.
· Participates constructively in department inservices, meetings, and activities.
· Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements; assumes responsibility for role in Associate Achievement Review
· Sends information as requested to insurance companies and payers.
· Discontinues treatment when functional goals are met and notifies referral source.
· Reports any equipment or maintenance problems to Facilities Management/Biomed, Rehab Coordinator, or Department Director.
· Obtains appropriate referrals/authorizations to assist the patient and secures reimbursement.
· Charges for patient treatment and supplies in an equitable manner.
· Maintains flexibility to assure department standards for productivity.
· Positively impacts clinical, economic and customer satisfaction outcomes.
· Assists the patients to maximize their available resources, e.g., insurance coverage, supply and equipment resources.
· Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master’s Degree
· No Previous Experience is Required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Kansas License Speech-Language Pathologist or Temporary Kansas License Speech-Language Pathologist for first year
· AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23033749
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.