AdventHealth Security Officer Full Time Nights in Shawnee, Kansas
Security Officer AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merrieam, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
11:00PM - 7:00AM
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepares written reports on security incidents utilizing a database report system
- Provides escorts or information assistance to persons as needed
- Provides motorist assistance to persons on campus (excluding changing tires)
- Receives and releases persons from the morgue and insures proper completion of paperwork
- Responds to all calls for security assistance
- Responds to all fire, duress, panic, and/or intrusion alarms
- Locks internal and external doors as scheduled
- Maintains radio communication with security dispatch
- Moves unattended vehicles under unusual circumstances
- Observes and reports all safety hazards
- Works in an environment where you may be punched, kicked, bit or otherwise attacked.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No Previous Experience is Required
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Valid Driver’s License
The Security Officer is an essential component of the security team. This person assumes a personal lead in providing a reasonably safe and secure environment. Members of Security will present a positive, cheerful, and helpful attitude in contacts with co-workers, patients, staff and visitors or when responding to requests for service. This position’s main duty is to protect patients, visitors, and staff from harm. Officers are required to use force when appropriate to protect our customers and associates. Officers may be armed as appropriate.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.