AdventHealth Nurseline Community Care Navigator RN PT Evenings in Shawnee, Kansas
Nurseline PT Evenings RN AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W 74th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Every 3rd Weekend
You Will Be Responsible For:
1. Work closely with established patients and new/unassigned callers and their families to offer telephonic triage for symptoms and health concerns using approved and established triage protocols.
a. Associate may utilize multiple IT tools to fulfill this task.
b. Associate will use the triage call as an opportunity to improve the health outcome of the caller, increase health literacy, and facilitate referrals to the next level of care, when appropriate.
c. Associate will use the IT tools, nursing assessment and judgment, and critical thinking to ensure all caller needs are anticipated, identified and addressed to the caller's satisfaction.
d. Associate will embody the departmental and organizational values of The Whole Care Experience during every interaction.
2. Provide Care Navigation to established, new and unassigned patients and their families to improve access and coordination between levels of necessary and appropriate care.
a. Associate may utilize multiple EHRs to fulfill this task, including not limited to, triage software, a hospital based EHR and a physicians group EHR.
b. Associate will make and receive communication, including but not limited to, phone calls, portal messages, and emails to offer care navigation.
c. Associate will use critical thinking to develop a patient centric plan of care that will transition the patient from one care level or setting to another by evaluating elements of care, including but not limited to:
i. Discharge information from the EHR
ii. Medication adherence
iii. Transportation/Housing/Financial barriers
iv. Information from outside resources and healthcare providers
v. Identification of available community and health resources
d. Associate will develop relationships and collaborate with internal and external departments, stakeholders and other healthcare providers to determine resources available that will meet the unique and individualized needs of patients.
e. Associate will participate as part of the care team and provide health and plan of care information to the next setting or level of care, as appropriate.
f. Associate will follow-up contact(s) with patient(s) as indicated to assure compliance with recommendations and plan of care.
3. Be recognized and respected as a subject matter expert for the Community Care Navigation program.
a. Associate will perform all job functions requested by leadership with pride, knowledge and ownership.
b. Associate will communicate effectively, meeting the needs of the audience, through verbal, non-verbal and written communication.
c. Associate actively seeks opportunities to solve problems, enhancing the program and patient outcomes.
d. Associate will positively model the cultural and behavioral standards of AHS and SMH in every interaction with patients, families, associates, physicians and leadership.
4. Other duties as assigned, included by not limited to:
a. Participation in planning, implementing and collecting data for quality improvement initiatives.
b. Be a positive continuing member of the Community Care Navigation team and participate in required meetings and committees.
c. Maintains quality of service and productivity standards.
What You Will Need:
- Computer & typing skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to solve problems and advocate for patients
- Associate's Degree, BSN Preferred
- 3 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience as a Registered Nurse
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- Missouri Registered Nurse License within 30 days of hire
The Community Care Navigator is an experienced registered nurse who will serve both patients of Shawnee Mission Health and members of the community, who are not established patients of Shawnee Mission Health. Service provided by the Community Care Navigator in a contact center setting include clinical triage and care navigation services. The Community Care Navigator will assess the physical, mental, and emotional needs of callers, determine appropriate level and setting of care based on personal needs and payer/financial considerations, provide medication advice based on established triage protocols, offer health teaching/coaching and facilitate healthcare navigation between internal and external healthcare providers
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.