AdventHealth MRI Technologist in Shawnee, Kansas
MRI Technologist AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
·Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
·Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
·Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
·Employee Referral Program
·Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Eligible on Day One.
Full Time, 40 hours
You will be responsible for:
- Rotates emergency call status.
- Contacts GE/Phillips service engineer for assistance when system problem arises.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Initiates and assists in Code Blue procedures if called.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Operates computer by typing in patient information needed for the examination and proper protocols for the procedure.
- Participates in the training of MRI technologists.
- Maintains adequate record of each procedure done.
- Prepares room for procedure. Selects proper coils, positioning pads and patient monitoring equipment.
- Provides immobilization devices as required.
- Selects proper technical factors and protocols on an individual basis for each examination
What will you need?
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- National Registry ARRT
- ARRT Registered MRI
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs MRI radiologic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical procedures that will require independent judgment and initiative to perform MRI procedures and appropriate protocols for diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.