AdventHealth Home Health Social Worker-Part Time Days in Shawnee, Kansas
Home Health Social Worker Part-Time Days
AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits Available Day One
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, with completing documentation, timeliness in arriving at meetings and for patient treatments.
- Participates in the team process through cooperative efforts with team members in development of the patient care plan and team conferences and provides comprehensive, individualized care to assigned patients.
- Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; doesn’t question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
- Professionally communicates with patients, their families, their physicians, and referral sources.
- Respects authority by following the appropriate channels of communication in resolving problems and presenting information.
- Readily accessible for new patient assignments.
- Demonstrates flexibility in accepting patient assignments.
- Communicates with team members for effective implementation of the plan of treatment.
- Establishes effective rapport with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
- Involves patient/family in the planning and implementation of care.
- Communicates pertinent observations to the attending physician, Case Manager or the PCS.
- Discusses new cases with Case Manager and Supervisor within 24 hours of admission and at least biweekly throughout the period of care.
- Completes and maintains clinical records in a timely manner and in accordance with the agency’s policy.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the SW Assessment, effectively communicating the results with the entire team, including the physician.
- Notifies patient’s physician of discharge plans.
- Processes add-on orders in a timely manner.
- Submits progress report for recertification in a timely manner.
- Submits MSW assessment and care plan on new patients in a timely manner.
- Communicates on a daily basis with supervisor, also communicating schedule changes as they arise.
- Attends orientation, in-service, and meetings, as scheduled.
- Obtains physician’s written prescription and approval for treatment changes.
- Maintains dignity and confidentiality of the patient.
- Complies with established MSW practices and standards of care.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Assist the physician and other members of the health team in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to the state of health of our patients.
- Utilize community agencies and alternative resources to assist patients and their families in resolving unmet health care needs, financial and environmental difficulties.
- Provides complete patient care from initial evaluation through discharge with information provided to patient and family, as appropriate.
- Communicates with Case Manager to promote continuity of care and comprehensive community services.
- Reviews and revises plan of treatment, as indicated.
- Discusses discharge plans of assigned patients with the supervisor, team, patients and their families.
- Maintains therapeutic environment for patients/families.
- Participates on the patient care team in order to provide comprehensive care and continuity of services.
- Provides weekend and holiday coverage as assigned by the patient care supervisor.
- Communicates professionally with referral sources, families, and insurance providers.
- Participates in orientation, in-service and meetings as scheduled.
- Conduct visits to evaluate patient needs and implement a plan of social service assistance maximizing patient care plan goals and providing for continuing management of needs within the home or seeking alternative arrangements.
- Counsel the patient and family members to develop attitudes and behaviors supportive of maximum health practices.
- Provides educational in-services to the clinical staff after attendance at agency seminars/workshops.
- Participates on agency committees as appropriate.
- Renders services in accordance with MSW Standards of Practice.
- Communicates with team members for the effective implementation of the plan of treatment.
- Participates actively in meetings.
- Willingly shares expertise with peers for maximum service to our patients.
- Participates in Quarterly Chart Audits.
- Willing to stretch skills; learn new skills.
- Discusses cases assigned with supervisor prior to planned date of discharge.
- Documentation reflects Medicare reimbursable services provided by MSW and according to Agency guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to organize workload in order to meet productivity standards.
- Complete initial documentation within 24 hours.
- Processes add-on orders within 24 hours.
- Follows frequency and duration outlined on initial orders/485.
- Completes documentation accurately the first time.
- Responsibly cares for tools/equipment issued by agency.
What will you need?
- Kansas Licensed Master Social Worker
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Car Insurance
- Master’s Degree from a School of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related ExperiencePosition-related experience includes:
- Minimum of 1 year’s social work experience in a health care setting.
- Must possess some home visit experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of community resources.
- Good listening skills and ability to acknowledge patient’s preferences in an accepting manner.
- Ability to function independently, problem-solve, prioritize and make decisions related to patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills in relating to referral sources, co-workers and patients.
- Ability to communicate courteously with physician, clinical staff and patients.
- Knowledge and competency to perform required documentation and patient care procedures as a MSW and to effectively manage various demands of the job.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use various tools, equipment and work aides as necessary to perform job duties.
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.