AdventHealth Clinical Coordinator Relief in Shawnee, Kansas
Clinical Coordinator Behavioral Health AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74thStreet, Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Relief, As Needed
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Inpatient & Intensive Outpatient Programs*
- Assesses presenting problem, formulate clinical impressions and complete Psychosocial History. The Psychosocial History will incorporate population specific details.
- Demonstrates ability to synthesize assessment information into an Integrated Summary.
- Prioritizes clinical problems, formulate treatment goals and facilitate construction of treatment plan, updating based on continuous evaluation and assessment of progress.
- Formulates discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary treatment team, the patient and the family. Assure outpatient appointments are scheduled within 7 days of inpatient discharge.
- Manages crisis situations as needed, demonstrating ability to quickly appraise crisis situation and select appropriate intervention.
- Plan and conduct individual, group and family therapy with each patient and/or family.
- Selects appropriate interventions, coordinate implementation with treatment team and evaluate effectiveness.
- Identify and intervene for suspected abuse, including sensitivity to age specific concerns.
- Document in accordance with hospital, JCAHO and CMS Standards.
- Consult on clinical issues with physician, treatment team, director and other department personnel.
- Functions as liaison between patient, hospital and community agencies.
- Effectively provides clinical information and documentation to managed care organizations during precertification and/or concurrent reviews, advocating for the patient based on clinical presentation.
- Demonstrates ability to use electronic medical record to document all aspects of patient’s treatment.
- Actively participates in Clinical Coordinator meetings.
- Coordinates hiring and selection process in collaboration with Director. This includes conducting interviews, evaluating and rating areas of competency.
- Assists in orientation of new team members.
- Coordinates the continuum of care of patients between Behavioral Health Programs.
- Demonstrates ability to implement AIDET effectively, incorporating the 5 Fundamentals of Patient Communication during all interactions.
- Demonstrates “straight talk” and effective communication skills. Utilizes LAST during all service recovery interactions (Listen, Apologize, Solve, Thank).
- Provides and fosters high quality service through positive interpersonal relations.
- Provides outstanding customer service during all interactions, placing intent upon the customer and going beyond his/her expectations.
- Maintains current knowledge of clinical research, practices, and technology.
- Participates in Behavioral Health Performance Improvement (PI) processes and other departmental committees.
- Utilizes cost effective resources for unit supplies.
- Presents professional appearance in accordance with dress code standards.
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility in adapting to changing situations.
- Attendance patterns reflect commitment to job requirements and patient care needs.
- Honor patient dignity, privacy, confidentiality, and respect for human diversity.
- Represents Behavioral Health in a positive manner throughout SMMC and networks to promote positive relationships.
- Provides community outreach and marketing through public speaking, workshops, and community screenings.
- Demonstrates ability and commitment to match patient’s level of severity with the intensity of care.
- Takes professional responsibility for being a customer advocate.
- Attends continuing education seminars and review current literature as a means to evaluate and enhance current treatment practices.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time and within standards.
- Accept additional workload during times of unusual circumstances.
- Understands and practices the ethical standards of specific discipline.
What will you need?
- Master’s Degree
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board License
- License Addition Counselor OR Licensed Clinical Addition Counselor Preferred
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 90 days of employment
- Experience working with a variety of psychiatric and addiction disorders, patient populations, and levels of acuity
- Experience working with a continuum of care including inpatient and intensive outpatient programs
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with community resources
- Experience providing individual, group and family therapy
- Experience with assessment, treatment planning, documentation, and discharge planning
- Experience with crisis intervention
- Awareness of therapeutic boundaries and ability to monitor transference within the therapeutic relationship
- Patient-centered approach with ability to connect with each patient
1 to 2 Years of Position-Related ExperienceKansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board LicenseLicense Addition Counselor OR Licensed Clinical Addition Counselor PreferredCrisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training within 90 days of employmentExperience working with a variety of psychiatric and addiction disorders, patient populations, and levels of acuityExperience working with a continuum of care including inpatient and intensive outpatient programsExperience working with a multi-disciplinary teamExperience with community resourcesExperience providing individual, group and family therapyExperience with assessment, treatment planning, documentation, and discharge planningExperience with crisis interventionAwareness of therapeutic boundaries and ability to monitor transference within the therapeutic relationshipPatient-centered approach with ability to connect with each patient
The Behavioral Health (BH) Clinical Coordinator provides coordination of care for a designated patient caseload. This role may function in the BH Inpatient Program, the BH Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) or in the Behavioral Health Assessment Center (BHAC). Clinical responsibilities include provision of direct patient care through clinical assessments, individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy and/or discharge planning. Additional responsibilities include enhancing the patient experience, program development, case management, utilization management, and participation in performance improvement activities.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.