AdventHealth Certified Nurse Midwife in Shawnee, Kansas
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Employee Referral Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 9100 W 74TH ST, Shawnee Mission, 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) is a professional nurse licensed in Kansas to function in an expanded role to provide primary health care to individuals, families or groups. The Certified Nurse Midwife functions in a collegial relationship with physicians and other health professionals in the delivery of primary health care services. They are able to make independent decisions with physicians in carrying out health regimens for families and clients. The Certified Nurse Midwife is directly accountable and responsible to the patient.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
· Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education, environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant other and other health providers.
· Utilizes skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation using diagnostic instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of physical signs and symptoms.
· Utilizes fetal monitoring screening for auscultating, monitoring, and assessment of fetal heart tones.
· Assesses learning needs, readiness, and capabilities of patient/family, including cultural, religious practices, language barriers, emotional barriers, educational level, motivation and limitations.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
· Master’s Degree in Nursing with Midwifery Certificate
· Minimum three years of experience as RN; 2-5 years as midwife in hospital setting.
· BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
· ACLS obtained through the American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039360
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.