AdventHealth ACPE Certified Educator Pastoral Care in Shawnee, Kansas
CPE Certified Educator AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
Location Address: 9100 W. 74th Street, Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Demonstrates, through behavior AHSM’s core values of Love Me, Make it Easy, Own It, and Keep Me Safe
- Manage and supervise intensive and part-time units of CPE as negotiated throughout the year
- Develop, coordinate, and supervise curriculum (clinical and classroom) for CPE programming in the Mid-America Region (MAR)
- Screen, interview, assign responsibilities, and evaluate CPE students
- Manage and oversee all student responsibilities
- Work as a colleague within the Spiritual Wellness Department across the MAR to assure that patients, families and staff are receiving competent spiritual care and follow-up
- Communicate and collaborate with administration on all campuses through the MAR on spiritual care and CPE concerns, celebrations and contributions to mission engagement
- Collaborate with the Administrative Director for Mission & Ministry, on mission-related projects as assigned
- Communicate effectively with AdventHealth to assure all Standards for Accreditation of the educational program are maintained and that all reports are completed and submitted to the CPE System Care for AHSM as requested
- Facilitate the healthy functioning of the PAG for AHSM, CPE component, provide documentation of meetings and actions of the group to the CPE system center for CPE
- Assure that all student information is handled for AHSM confidentially and in accordance with the CPE System Center Standards for ACPE, Inc. and AHSM CPE System center
- Develop, manage and maintain a department budget for CPE, in collaboration with the AHSM Administrative Director for Mission & Ministry
- Provide leadership to the ACPE, Inc. professional organization, as time allows and is negotiated with the Administrative Director of Mission & Ministry on long-term and short-term planning for CPE in MAR
- The CPE Educator will also be expected to take a leading role in the recruitment of students, marketing the program in the community, and proper maintenance of the hospital’s relationship with ACPE
- The CPE Educator will model excellent pastoral care by providing limited Chaplain visits as assigned by the Administrative Director of Spiritual Wellness
Master of Arts or Master of Divinity from an accredited Theological Seminary or Divinity School.
Pastoral formation experience in a spiritual care setting
certification as an ACPE Certified Educator by the Association for Clinical Pastor Education, Inc.
Minister in good standing with a recognized denomination/faith group
Manages the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program; recruiting, selecting, assigning responsibilities and evaluating CPE students; managing HR functions for employee and non-employee students, managing IT and other service requisitions for employee and non-employee students; securing classroom facilities for CPE programming; monitoring and collaborating with Administrative Director of Mission & Ministry in development and monitoring of a budget. Coordinates the clinical needs of the CPE students with the Spiritual Wellness staff on each of the AHSM floor and campuses where students are placed. Maintains all standards and accreditation requirements of ACPE and makes timely reports to ACPE as required. Facilitates the engagement of the Professional Advisory Group (PAG) for AHSM. Engages professional collaboration for excellence in educational programming with other ACPE Educators in the system. Participates in providing clinical spiritual care at AHSM as negotiated. Collaborates with Administrative Director of Mission & Ministry, for short-term and long-term planning of CPE in the Region.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.