Universal Forest Products Pallet Assembler 1st and 3rd shift in Salina, Kansas
Assembler I is responsible for fabricating component parts or assembling the finished product according to the customer specifications. Works under immediate supervision; relies on specific direction and instructions.
- Secures and maintains correct component parts and supplies required for the operation.
- Completes work area set up.
- Fits parts together in accordance with prescribed instructions and in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates hand tools as required to complete assembly process.
- Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label, and band components/finished product.
- Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintains production records as required.
- Checks materials and finished products to ensure they are compliant with standards.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled