University of Kansas Medical Center Media Production Specialist in Salina, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12837034
rMedia Production Specialist
SOM Salina Administration
Media Production Specialist
Job Family Group:
Job Description Summary:
This person is responsible for the wide variety of technology services used at the Health Education Center by KUSM-Salina and KUSN-Salina. Job responsibilities include technical work in recording and transmission of live events and recordings; distance education and web conferencing support; set-up, operation, and support of technology for activities at the Health Education Center.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Work Experience: One year of experience in media communications / production work, video conferencing systems, and infrastructure. Education may be substituted for experience on an equivalent basis.
- Experience in the creation of media productions and/or education in video or digital media.
- Experience with and operational skills required for the use of media equipment.
- Experience supporting web conference sessions in systems such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Experience using computer hardware and software, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with faculty, staff, and students, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Ability to provide low-level maintenance of equipment.
- Demonstrated organizational, project-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, collaborative team environment.
Job Duties Outlined:
- Coordinate objectives and project plans for information technology projects on the Salina campuses of the SOM and SON, including but not limited to technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, and resources.
- Coordinate IT services with KC and Wichita campuses.
- Coordinate with the Managers of Information Security and Customer Support at the Kansas City campus to troubleshoot/repair all KUMC-Salina IT equipment including but not limited to desktops, laptops, tablets, printers, network equipment, cameras, recording equipment.
- Serve as liaison with the Kansas City and Wichita campuses for all Informational Technology needs; and as a liaison with the Kansas City and Wichita campuses and any outside contractors for IT-related projects.
- Maintain the network infrastructure of the Salina campus replacing and updating components as needed.
- Maintain Clinical Skills lab equipment making service calls as necessary to Learning Space technical support personnel. Ensure connectivity of CSL with KUMC-KC to support uploading of events.
- Monitor all conferencing traffic on the KUMC-Salina campus.
- Help with issues involving connections to rooms, including equipment problems, human error.
- Provide training for students and staff in use of conferencing equipment.
- Serve as campus contact with Kansas City and Wichita campuses and with hardware vendors to troubleshoot transmission and hardware issues.
- Set-up and operate Distance Education classroom and auditorium equipment prior to and during production of event.
- Assist clients in the use of multimedia equipment and television delivery techniques to ensure quality presentation.
- Transport, set-up, operate, and monitor remote video recordings for educational, informational, and archival purposes.
- Assist presente s and organizers with fundamental production techniques to help ensure successful programs.
- Provide remote support for web conferencing and other online learning events.
- Respond to help calls concerning issues with technology in the physical learning spaces.
- Coordinate production needs with clients including interfacing clients\' computer and special devices with our system to ensure proper operation, training in proper video presentation techniques, and assisting clients with all audio-visual equipment needs.
- Complete all necessary paperwork to maintain accountability for time, records, and billing.
- Serve as a member of the TLT Media team and TLT department. Support and participate in cross-training effort to maximize unit efficiency and full coverage of services during peak loads and absences.
- Assist TLT Testing Services in supporting high-stakes online testing.
- Remain current on multimedia news, developments, and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cover Letter
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Coverage begins on day one for health, dental, and vision insurance and includes health expens