Rose Hill City of Utilities Operator 1 in Rose Hill, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12557463
Under the supervision of the Water/Wastewater Supervisor, the Utilities Operator I is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of the Citys collection system, distribution system, and wastewater treatment facility. The position is a non-exempt position under FLSA
- Operates Wastewater Treatment Facility to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Monitors and maintains Public Works, Water, and Wastewater equipment.
- Takes water, wastewater, and sludge samples for laboratory testing.
- Maintains lift stations.
- Loads and hauls sludge and collects samples for laboratory testing.
- Cleans and repairs pumps and other wastewater facility equipment.
- Responds to various alarms.
- Inspects Water and Wastewater equipment for malfunctions.
- Cleans and performs preventative maintenance for water and wastewater facilities.
- Operates department equipment including mowers, loaders, tractors, and trucks.
- Installs and repairs water and sewer lines and services.
- Reads water meters and performs maintenance on meters and vaults.
- Helps in the maintenance and upkeep of all City buildings and property, including lawn maintenance, water and sewer maintenance and street maintenance as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Follows safety policies and procedures.
- Must maintain absolute confidentiality of information, data and records obtained through or because of employment with the city.
- Locates utility access holes and sewer lines.
- Assists in the repair of water leaks and installation of new lines.
- Assist other departments within Public Works.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- While performing essential functions of this position the employee may encounter exposure to adverse weather conditions due to temperature extremes, rain, snow, ice, and confined space.
- May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, hazardous chemicals, heavy machinery, and fumes.
- Occasional maximum lift of 80 lbs. from floor to 62 high
- Occasional maximum lift of 40 lbs. floor to overhead
- Frequent maximum lift of 34 lbs. floor to shoulder
- Occasional maximum carry of 80 lbs.
- Occasional maximum carry 60 lbs.
- Frequent maximum carry of 40 lbs.
- Occasional maximum horizontal push/pull force of 150 lbs.
- Occasional maximum vertical pull force of 65 lbs. at 58 high
- Occasional maximum vertical pull force of 90 lbs. at ground height
- Frequent push/pull force of 30 lbs.
- Frequent maximum grip force 65 lbs.
- Constant maximum grip force 10 lbs.
- Frequent climb up to 24 high
- Frequent forward reach
- Occasional overhead reach
- Frequent bend and crouch
- Occasional crouch/kneel/crawl
- frequent balance
- Frequent neck rotation
- Frequent bilateral hand coordination
- Frequent exposure to whole body vibration
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional independent problem solving is a factor.
- Encounters problems with equipment malfunctions, sewer line backups, water leaks and power failures.
- Works under the direction of the Water/Sewer Supervisor.
- Must be available for on-call, overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to pass an extensive background check, drug screen and physical.