Kansas Employer J365 Multi-Media Journalist in Pittsburg, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12544053
Morgan Murphy Media is looking for recent journalism school graduates for Multi-Media Journalist openings in our newly developed J365 program. This is an intensive developmental program designed to provide the essential learning
blocks for a successful career in journalism. Winning candidates will follow a monthly curriculum of training modules geared towards reporting and individual career development. This is a first job experience, unlike found in other newsrooms. On top of top-notch training, participants will receive student loan payback bonuses, fast-tracked mobility within MMM, and the comfort and safety of working for a family company.
What Youll Learn:
- Storytelling basics and advanced techniques
- Fundamentals of writing, shooting, editing, and lighting
- Understand your audience
- How to differentiate between story plans vs. story pitches
- How to work the different dayparts, including AM, dayside, and nightside
- Story plans vs. story pitches
- Mentorship from across MMM
- Personal development such as goal setting, conflict resolution, and strength assessment
Where Youll Work:
Youll be part of KOAM TV, a CBS affiliate station in Joplin, MO/Pittsburg KS, DMA #152. Breaking news, investigative reporting, accurate forecasts, and dedication to local sports ensure KOAMs coverage not only wins in ratings and awards but makes us part of families lives. A trusted partner within the Four State Area (where Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma touch), KOAM is a vital resource for the community it serves.