Arista Recovery Case Manager - Evening Shift -Overland Park in Paola, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12532111
The Case Manager (CM) is responsible for assisting the Clinical team in coordinating, implementing and executing various patient related affairs to assist the patients while they are in treatment. The CM is responsible for recording and monitoring various communications, activities and interactions of the patients while they are housed in the facility. The CM is responsible for assisting with the overseeing of patients\' in their daily schedules within the facilities policies and procedures and in accordance with the standards of the State and Federal Regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the supervision of patients\' in their daily activities.
- Case Management Initial Assessment
- Daily progress notes
- Daily Department and Cross Departmental communication/Treatment team.
- Daily documentation and facilitating of assignment notes.
- Daily running, documentation and facilitating of an activity and its notes.
- Daily running, documentation and facilitating of group and its notes.
- Works with the therapists to ensure that Discharge planning and Instructions are completed throughout the patients treatment and are clear and complete.
- Assists and completes phone calls with patients and any communication with outside providers.
- Conducts assessments of the client\'s legal, vocational/educational, and basic life needs and facilitates a bridge between the client and community resources to resolve the client\'s needs or issues.
- Assistance in completing Coordination of Benefits documents.
- Facilitating, recording and completing Family Pre-assessments.
- Assisting and recording of possible discharges, transfers and AMAs (Leaving Against Medical Advice).
- Ensure the patients follow clinical schedule.
- Facilitating patient tours of the treatment facilities.
- Redirecting and reporting patients if rules are broken
- Seeks corrective criticism and has the ability to evaluate suggestions objectively.
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance.
- Promotes a favorable/positive work atmosphere.
- Attends in-services and educational training as necessary and as assigned.
- Seeks out learning experiences and incorporates new knowledge in practice.
- Maintains flexibility and adaptability to expected and unexpected changes in the work environment.
- Reports personal symptoms of suspected illness of contagious diseases to the Clinical Director.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Independently solve problems and follow through.
- Organize and function independently in an office environment.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Completes all competency assessments as required by the facility.
- Required to maintain certifications up to date including but not limited to: (CPR, Verbal De-Escalation, HIPAA, HIV/AIDS, Infection Control)
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Position is required to work in indoor and outdoor environments as needed. Potential exposure to violent situations. Potential exposure to airborne/bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.