Cardinal Health Warehouse Associate (2nd Shift) in Overland Park, Kansas
Experienced based pay starting: $18.36-$21.00
Shift details : Monday-Friday from 2:00pm to 10:30pm or until completion
Climate controlled facility
Benefits day 1!
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations is responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution or manufacturing environment. Includes warehousing and fulfillment of materials and products, transportation, inventory management as well as demand, supply and manufacturing planning.
Warehouse Operations is responsible forperforming/controllinga combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of products. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
The Assoc II, Warehouse Ops assists on Inbound or Outbound activities as requested by the Warehouse Supervisor meeting quality, safety, productivity and operational standards. Inbound positions receive products into the facility and outbound ships products to customers.
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building, and wrapping pallets, packing, loading, and preparing orders for shipment.
- Pick large case items with material handling equipment or pick small unit of measure items and place on designated cart.
- Cross-train in multiple areas of the warehouse and participate in projects as needed.
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS) to check in and/or send out products.
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility may include order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider.
- Complete housekeeping and inventory control tasks and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work on routine assignments that require problem resolution.
- Participate in associate meetings and communicate any concerns to management.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures set by the organization.
We are open to candidates with little to no warehouse experience. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment you could be a great fit for our team. All training is provided starting your first day!
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift.
- Comfort working with heights 20-30 feet regularly.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Previous material handling equipment experience (PIT) preferred.
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice.
- Ability to follow direction and change priorities while working independently or as a member of a team.
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment while meeting hourly established performance standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse.
- Adhere to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support your and your family’s health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.