BluePearl Vet Technician Trainer in Overland Park, Kansas
Vet Technician Trainer
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hosptial in Overland Park, KS is hiring!
BluePearl Specialty + Emergency Pet Hospital in Overland Park, KS is hiring for a motivating, energetic, and passionate Veterinary Technician Trainer to join our team.
The Vet Technician Trainer is actively employed as a Veterinary Technician Level III, IV, or VTS and supports training for Technicians and Assistants within one or more hospitals. While primarily engaged in the delivery of remarkable nursing care for pets, the role utilizes provided materials to facilitate on-site staff training, documents participation and results, and provides feedback to leadership regarding programs.
As a Vet Tech Trainer:
• You maintain proficiency of the appropriate department and level Veterinary Technician competencies and is scheduled as an active Veterinary Technician.
• You facilitate staff training for all technicians and assistants within assigned hospital(s).
• You ensure staff has adequate continuing education.
• You work to implement any new global training program BluePearl requires of the hospital.
• You implement new, company-wide training programs as needed.
• You elevate the level of patient care through education within the hospital(s).
• You foster effective working relationships between technician/assistants and other hospital staff.
• You document the status of staff training and updates applicable management as required through written reports and emails and retains clear documentation on what employees accomplish and follow through on all training programs.
• You partner with the national Technician Trainer to assist in developing new programs, digital content, recruitment programs or other efforts retain and train staff.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Maintain RVT/LVT/LVT/CVT in accordance with state laws.
• High School Diploma required
• Possession of Vet Technician skill level III or greater required. Previous experience as a BluePearl Veterinary Technician (skill level IV or VTS) is preferred.
• Demonstrated capacity to deliver effective training required. Previous supervisory capacity or background in education preferred.
Our passion is pets. We offer Trupanion pet insurance and discounts to our associates for pet treatments, procedures, and food.
We encourage you to grow with us. Our technicians are leveled by their skillset and move up in level as they gain more skills and experience. We are focused on developing our associates into leaders through talent development programs and leadership workshops. As a member of Mars Veterinary Health, our associates have endless opportunities to advance in his/her career.
In order to transform and lead the industry through innovative quality medicine and care, we understand the importance of continuous learning. We offer annual continuing education allowance, free continuing education sessions, our own BluePearl University for training, and our clinicians have access to over 2,000 medical journals.
We value your health and well-being as an associate by providing you with the following:
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance options.
Flexible work schedules.
Time to reset, rewind, and reflect through our paid time off and floating holiday plans.
A regional licensed social worker who can provide guidance, advice, and tips/tricks on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle while working in a fast-paced emergency and specialty care environment.
We promote a family-like culture in our hospitals. We are all in this together. We believe in working together to lead the industry by enriching lives through remarkable care for pets.
BluePearl is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional preference, or gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.