HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Ultrasound Technologist II PRN in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as an Ultrasound Technologist II you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinOverland Park Regional Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the supportthey need. At OPRMC weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the OPRMC family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Ultrasound Technologist II to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Under the guidance of the radiologist and with limited supervision the technologist will:
- Perform Ultrasound procedures as ordered and per protocol.
- Perform Ultrasound-guided biopsies and various centesis procedures.
- Perform Ultrasound vascular procedures. Technologist will need to have completed documented cross training prior to performing these studies unsupervised.
- Have working knowledge of each Ultrasound system within the department.
- Be a team builder and team player.
- Have the ability to interact with customers in a pleasant, positive and courteous manner.
- Participate in Performance Improvement and Quality Control.
- Work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures manuals.
- Comply with all infection control and safety procedures.
- Work in accordance with the JCAHO, State and other regulatory or accreditation agencies, including the vascular accreditation body.
- Will provide care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
Additional responsibilities include completing documentation in patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment including HLD and maintaining safety and infection control practices.
Completed an Ultrasound Program accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- Current credentials in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- RDMS – Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.
- RDCS – Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer OR RVT – Registered Vascular Technologist And at least three of the listed specialty certifications o AB – Abdomen o AE – Adult Echocardiography o BR – Breast Specialty o FE – Fetal Echocardiography o NE – Neurosonology o OB – Obstetrics & Gynecology o PE – Pediatric Echocardiograpy o VT – Vascular Technology
- BCLS certification is required
- Minimum of one (2) year of work related experience in all aspects of Ultrasonography, including vascular procedures.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Ultrasound Technologist II PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-68216