Humana Transplant Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 -Nationwide 8:30-5:00 PM Eastern in Overland Park, Kansas
The Transplant Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates transplant members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Transplant Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Transplant Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage the transplant member's physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
· Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the (appropriate state) with no disciplinary action and ability to obtain multiple state licenses without restrictions
· 1 year critical care and/or transplant experience
· Experience working in Utilization Management within last 2 years
· 3-5 years of clinical acute care experience
· Work at home position, open to any state nationwide, must be willing to work 8:30-5:00 PM Eastern
· Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Ability to travel less than 10% annually
· Must have a separate room for privacy with a locked door during working hours and during communication with members.
· Must provide hardwired high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of10x1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
· Valid driver’s license and/or dependable transportation necessary
· Experience with case management, discharge planning and patient education for adult acute care
· Knowledge of Milliman or Interqual
· Managed care experience
· Certified Case Manager (CCM)
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Mission: At Humana, our cultural foundation is aligned to helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. Recognizing healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family and for each community, Humana continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms –when and where they need it. Our employees are at the heart of making this happen and that’s why we are dedicated to building an organization of dynamic talent whose experience and passion center on putting the customer first.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status, except where age, sex, or physical status is a bona fide occupational qualification. View the EEO is the Law poster.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Humana Safety and Security
Humana will never ask, nor require a candidate provide money for work equipment and network access during the application process. If you become aware of any instances where you as a candidate are asked to provide information and do not believe it is a legitimate request from Humana or affiliate, please contact email@example.com to validate the request.
If you are a California resident and would like to review our California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Policy click here: