HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Technician in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as an OR/Surgical Technician you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinMenorah Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At MMC weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) We strive to provide the best possible care to our patients. Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an OR Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The OR Techs assist surgeons and other medical professionals in hospital operating rooms and similar environments. Chiefly, they prepare patients, rooms and equipment for pending surgical procedures. They also assist during those procedures as part of a team of operating room professionals.
- The Operating Room Tech, under the direct supervision of a registered professional nurse, provides direct and indirect perioperative patient care for patients requiring surgical intervention.
- The Operating Room Tech assumes call rotation responsibility for all procedures excluding those considered within the scope of the open heart team call responsibilities.
- The role of the OR Tech is to assist the OR team in the care of patients, equipment and supplies.
- The OR Tech provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
* *What You Will Need: * Completion of a Surgical Technician Certificate Program required. Can use experience as an OR Tech in lieu of certificate program. * BLS certification required and maintained. * Prefer six months to one year OR experience in a scrub role. * Must be able to read and write, hear and follow verbal and/or written instructions. Must wear hospital provided protective barrier attire while on duty. Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our OR Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Surgical Technician
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-65118