Labcorp Specialty Lab Assistant in Overland Park, Kansas
LabCorp is seeking a Specialty Lab Assistant to join our Cytology team performing Cytoprep functions in Overland Park, KS. This role works in a high volume, production-based environment performing a vital component of the lab. The schedule for this position will be: Tuesday-Saturday, 5:30am-2:00pm
• Receive and sort Cytology non-gynecological and gynecological lab specimens
• Prepare specimens for testing and analysis
• Enter requisitions data into LIS
• Process Cytology specimens
• Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information
• Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform minor instrumentation maintenance
• Troubleshoot any specimen related issues
• Replenish test bench supplies as needed
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Cleaning and maintenance of instruments
• Disposal of both regular and biohazard trash
• Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
• Requires college degree or equivalent w/1-2 years of experience in a Cytology processing
• Excellent communication skills necessary to deal effectively with co-workers, clients, and hospital staff.
• A willingness to work in fast paced, high volume laboratory. Data entry skills may be necessary.
· Good attention to details
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement (https://www.labcorp.com/hipaa-privacy/web-privacy-policy) .