Oracle Senior Product Manager - Cloud Infrastructure (JoinOCI-Platform) in Overland Park, Kansas
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Product Manager, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is Oracle’s gen2 cloud aimed at meeting the most demanding requirements for performance, security, and enterprise. Our customers trust their businesses to our cloud and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services. We are the platform on which current and future Oracle SaaS applications will run. With hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe, our solutions are being used by businesses ranging from startups to the Fortune 100, from grade schools to graduate schools, and from counties to countries.
As a Senior Product Manager on the OCI Platform team, you will be spearheading the creation of services and features that the world’s largest customers need to successfully adopt the cloud. The Platform team is responsible for the features and services that customers need to control their resources, manage spending and secure their environment. We build tools for account management, identity & access management, metering, billing, and tagging that allow customers to use the cloud effectively and efficiency while optimizing for cost and maintaining security governance. Our technologies integrate into all OCI services and span across OCI’s growing global footprint of cloud regions. They must be user-friendly, hyper-scalable, very low-latency, and always correct while meeting increasingly complex business and customer requirements. You will work with a diverse set of stakeholders including senior executives, architects, development teams, and external partners to take ideas, turn them into mature products, and put them in the hands of the world’s most demanding customers.
The successful candidate will have a passion for solving difficult problems in a collaborative, agile work environment, a knack for creativity and innovative thinking, and a strong sense of empathy for both customers and engineering teams.
This is a remote role or post covide, option to work out of closest Oracle office.
• Identify, define and prioritize products and features
• Represent product roadmap and strategy to customers and stakeholders
• Work directly with key customers to understand their requirements and devise creative solutions to their problems
• Write product definitions and user stories as an input to product design
• Collaborate with development and UX teams to iterate on and refine designs
• Create blogs, whitepapers, videos, and other content to help enable customer success
• Define, measure, and manage customer experience and business performance goals
• Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that might otherwise derail projects
• Become an expert in and drive the vision for one or more Platform product areas
• Be an advocate for the customer through the product lifecycle
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• 4 years of relevant hands-on product management experience with cloud or enterprise software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to define and shape the business strategy for large product areas
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• Proven track record of successfully shipping new products in an agile environment
• MBA or MS degree in a technical discipline
• Hands-on experience with identity, access management, or corporate governance solutions
• Technical domain knowledge or public cloud technologies and/or distributed systems
Job: *Product Development
Title: *Senior Product Manager - Cloud Infrastructure (JoinOCI-Platform) *
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 2000146N