Honeywell Project Analyst II in Overland Park, Kansas
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
This position will be located in Kansas City, MO
The Project Analyst manages a wide variety of complex engineering support and administrative activities to provide engineering support for a wide variety of activities such as requirements management documentation, eCATS/CAR documentation, equipment procurement/repair/maintenance documentation, functional and project management support including Milestone fidelity and Earned Value updates and keeping Action RAILs current.
· Utilizes extensive knowledge of company operations, policies, tools and department functions in performing duties, many of which are confidential in nature
· Participate in the development of communications plans that meet business objectives and priorities
· Develop written materials (leadership messages and presentations, announcements, newsletter articles, etc.)
· Develop content and update web and online social collaboration tools as well as identify new or expand use of existing tools
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, often with competing priority levels
· Network transactional and coordination support
· Protect sensitive and confidential information received and generated
· Maintain metrics for programs and contract for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the IPDS phases
· Developing and managing a resource-loaded integrated master schedule, including critical path analysis, performance stat using, & milestone reporting to varying levels of management
· Analyze critical path(s) and integrate with cost/schedule
· Develop corrective actions, perform rate analysis, and analyze performance indices
· Report engineering yield performance and provide variance analysis when yield deviates from plan
· Ability to analyze data and perform trend analysis and communicate the data variances
Provide financial reporting and analysis at aggregate levels to support effective resource management and maximize execution of engineering projects
· Utilizes discretion and analysis in developing, maintaining and facilitating project plans for projects
· Reports status of project plans and, if necessary, develops and presents appropriate action plans.
· May perform other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
· US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
· Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in project/program management or four years of experience in project/program management in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
· The person should be familiar with TEQE specific processes such as the TSVA (Test System Validation Audit) and the ATP (Acceptance Test Plan). These skills are particularly necessary since this position will be estimating time for job/project completion as part of the responsibilities
· Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and autonomously
· Work efficiently and effectively in a demanding environment
· Skilled at organizing administrative processes and systems
· Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills
· Strong problem solving skills that allow to proactively anticipate requirements
· Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
· Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and 'can-do' attitude
· Advanced proficiency in various software programs including MS PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
· Administrative preparation and support experience for Leadership reviews such as MORs, MRRs, TRRs
· Administrative/Delegate experience with Project and Functional Engineering support tools such as HMR, MAT, eCHARGE/eSHOP, CPS, Learning Hub
· HOS Silver support activities experience
· Detailed oriented; possess professional presence, maturity and judgment
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.