HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Safety Attendant PSA in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Safety Attendat PSA you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Menorah Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At MMC we off an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Menorah Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious PSA to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The Sitter may also assist with basic activities of daily living.
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient’s normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient
- Intervenes as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seeks immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
- Restocks non-medicinal patient room supplies as needed.
/We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 years of experience in healthcare setting - Preferred
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Saving (BLS) – Preferred
- De-Escalation training completed within 90 days of hire
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Safety Attendant PSA
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-73859