Scotts Miracle-Gro Merchandiser - Overland Park, KS - R16199-3542 in Overland Park, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12539998 Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Below are details on an open job. If the role interests you and you would like to be considered we encourage you to apply!!
The hourly rate for this position at Scotts/Hawthorne will generally fall between \$16.00-18.00. Scotts/Hawthorne will consider various factors in determining the actual pay including your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographical location.
We are looking for a Seasonal Merchandiser to join our Field Sales team.
Seasonal Merchandisers report directly to a Sales Manager and work within our big box retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowe\'s. As part of the day-to-day responsibilities Merchandisers execute merchandising directives and re-sets, establish a positive rapport with store personnel and customers, and relay information to Scotts Sales team regarding inventory opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Merchandise products inside and outside stores
- Provide customers and store associates with product knowledge on Scotts brands
- Ensure product is stocked and presentable at all times
- Assist in identifying opportunities for solution selling and incremental space
- Provide support to Sales Manager and store employees as needed
- Work effectively independently and as a team to perform all tasks assigned
What you\'ll need to be successful:
- Experience in retail, merchandising and/or stocking preferred
- Problem solving and service oriented attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to operate company provided technology
- Current, valid driver\'s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to routinely walk, stand, climb an 8-12 foot ladder, lift up to 45 lbs and be exposed to weather elements (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain)
What we do for our Merchandisers:
- Offer a retirement program with up to 7.5% 401(k) match
- Compensation for commuting expenses
- Provide flexible working hours
- Provide valuable, hands-on experience within merchandising, retail and customer service
- Paid on-the-job training including in-depth product knowledge on the Scotts products
- Fast tracked career advancement opportunities for high performing associates
- Provide necessary safety gear
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.