HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist ASCP in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Laboratory Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinMenorah Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At MMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Lab Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Medical Technologist (ASCP) performs diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states. Follows standardized procedures and helps prepare samples for testing. Requires a bachelor's degree and must be a certified medical technologist.
About this unit:
* Unit is very focused on quality.
* Great work environment with friendly staff.
* Flexible scheduling is offered.
* Great mentors available to help employee learning and growth.
* Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, and specimen processing.
* Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988. Performs post-analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results. Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
* Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
* Maintains a safe work area.
* Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
* Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
* Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
* Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students.
* Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
* The Medical Technologist analyzes and interprets testing for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
* This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies. * Performs other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor degree in laboratory science or related science required OR “Grandfathered” as a medical technologist by CLIA 88
- MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Experience preferred Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Lab Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Technologist ASCP
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-66302