HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Technologist ASCP PRN in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as aMedical Technologistyou want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinOverland Park Regional Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with someunique benefitsincluding: o Paid Personal Leave o 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) o Identity Theft Protection discounts o Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options o Adoption Assistance o Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Our Mission and Values Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Medical Technologist you are vital in determining a patient’s response to medical treatment by testing blood levels, as well as matching blood types when a transfusion is necessary. A Med Tech prepares blood, urine, and tissue samples for analysis using special lab equipment and is an instrumental partner in patient care.
About this unit:
* Supportive and Collaborative Team environment
* Work with a variety of hospital staff, including Nurses, PCTs, Lab Professionals, Physicians and more.
* Under the general supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, date entry, and specimen processing.
* Performs moderate complexity and high complexity testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
* Performs post-analytic testing responsibilities including test reporting, verification, investigation of technical, instrumental, and/or physiologic causes of unexpected test results.
* Monitors quality control. Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
* Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
* Maintains a safe work area.
* Demonstrates professional work habits, interpersonal skills and great customer service.
* Participates in performance improvement activities, evaluation of new test methodologies/instrumentation, and management of laboratory data.
* Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathologic states to determine validity and/or whether follow-up tests should be performed.
* Teaches theory and procedures using educational methodology to clinical laboratory science (medical technology) students.
* Assists with the orientation and training of LTA, LTA, LSC, CLT/MLT, MT Non-registered, and CLS/MT Registered employees.
* The Medical Technologist provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
* This employee may or may not be required to perform specimen collections as defined by their individual competencies. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in laboratory science or related science required OR “Grandfathered” as a medical technologist by CLIA 88
- MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible.
- Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Experience preferred
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for ourMedical Technologistopening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical Technologist ASCP PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-65523