HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mammography Technologist PRN in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as an Mammography Technician want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinMenorah Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services,HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Menorah we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include: * Student Loan Repayment * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as an Mammo Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Mammo Tech you are on the leading edge of innovation and specialize in Mammography. As a support to the physicians,you are vital to diagnosing disease or trauma by providing an inside view of the human body without invading it and providing patient education in our community. * * About this unit:
· Diagnostic Imaging department support patients from outpatient, inpatient and the Emergency Department.**
· Total monthly volume for department and all modalities is 2200 scans.**
· Strong teamwork and collaboration, supportive physicians and leadership, and professional environment that support future career development
· Under the general direction of the Radiologist and under the supervision of the Director Imaging performs mammography and breast localization.
· Function in direct cooperation with the physician and other Imaging personnel.
· Works within guidelines established in the policy and procedure manual and complies with all radiation safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates knowledge of sterile technique and practices Universal Precautions.
· Performs associated duties, i.e. processing films, transporting patients, when necessary and assembling all associated paperwork and mammograms to provide to radiologist for dictation.
· Ability to lecture on mammography and breast self-examination, when necessary.
· May assist other areas of the Imaging Department and perform other duties as assigned.
· The Mammo Tech provides care for ages 12-17 Yrs Adolescent, 18-39 Yrs Young Adult, 40-64 Yrs Adult and 65 Geriatric patients
What Qualifications You Will Need: * Prefer graduate of an AMA accredited program with a certificate or degree in Radiographic Technology and registered in Mammography. * Must be registered with ARRT (R)(M). * BCLS Required upon hire. * Minimum of one (1) year experience in Mammography. Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Mammo Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Mammography Technologist PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-69250