HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Interventional Technologist in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Interventional Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Menorah Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At MMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) How we build better communities.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Interventional Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! * * About this unit: * We are growing our department and looking for dependable and compassionate people to fill our team. * Opportunities for cross-training * We use the power of food to improve the well-being of our patients, staff and visitors. _Responsibilities:_ * Operates diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of blood vessels to aid physician in diagnosis and treatment of disease: positions patient in examining position, using immobilization devices such as head and neck braces. * Operates fluoroscope to aid physician to view and guide wire or catheter through blood vessel to area of interest. * The Special Procedures Tech in this department provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology. Additional training in Special Procedures.
- Current license from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts
- Current registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) required. Additional training in special/interventional procedures.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) from the American Red Cross
- Two years of experience with specials preferred
- Ability to accurately completes interventional from order to complete examinations performed examinations performed. Experience with Radiology information systems to obtain previous examination reports.
- Ability to correctly and safely operate interventional equipment including contrast injectors following orientation period to the department. Routine use of office equipment (phone, fax, pagers).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all patients, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel.
- Able to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required Radiologic duties regardless of the patient’s condition.
- Available to take call up to 13 days per month subject to department needs. Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Interventional Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Interventional Technologist
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-71632