CDM Smith Industrial Project Manager - Water/Wastewater in Overland Park, Kansas
CDM Smith currently has a new opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing industrial water and/or wastewater projects to join our Industrial Business unit. In this position, you will be the main point of contact for planning and design of water and wastewater projects and will assist with business development activities throughout the U.S. CDM Smith’s Industrial Business unit services clients in a variety of industrial sectors including Chemicals, Rubber & Plastics, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, Mining and Manufacturing.
* This position can be based at any of our Industrial offices in the United States. Some of those cities include Houston, Irvine, Atlanta, Concord CA, Edison, Albany, Boston, and Wadsworth, OH *
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Managing and serving as the lead Project Manager on water/wastewater projects
• Providing technical guidance, senior leadership, and mentoring engineering staff to enhance our water/wastewater design capabilities
• Being responsible for scope, schedule, budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed
• Completing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of key deliverables and assisting on projects managed by others in the office
• Assisting Client Service Leaders with technical marketing for clients throughout the U.S.
• Participating in professional societies relevant to the industry.
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in our clients’ organizations
Industrial Project Manager - Water/Wastewater
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10 years of related experience
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list)
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
• Professional engineering (PE) license, strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, or related degree.
• Previous experience working on and managing projects for Industrial water/wastewater clients.
• Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Previous experience working directly with clients
• Master’s degree.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and scopes of work and costs estimates for industrial clients
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices. Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Possesses in-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities. Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients. Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary. Excellent personal computer skills including strong knowledge in MS Word and Excel. Demonstrates strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Work Location Options:
Fully Remote or Hybrid Work Options may be considered for successful candidate.