CBRE Global Strategic Sourcing Manager- Remote (Eastern Time Zone Preferred) in Overland Park, Kansas
Global Strategic Sourcing Manager- Remote (Eastern Time Zone Preferred)
Areas of Interest
Atlanta - Georgia - United States of America, Charlotte - North Carolina - United States of America, Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America
JOB LOCATION- Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC preferred but can be remote.
The CBRE Strategic Sourcing Manager will specialise in Facilities Management and Property Management (FM/PM) and will be responsible for delivering world-class sourcing strategies and results across FM/PM Business and Geographies. Success in this role will require close collaboration with regional supply chain management to understand regional variances and specific business and client requirements to deliver exceptional client value in a centre-led, regionally executed model.
The role will report to the Global Supply chain Senior Sourcing Director.
Responsibilities include defining collaborative and leveraged strategic Local, Regional and Global sourcing strategies, identifying and developing key supplier relationships, enterprise-wide contracts, cost reductions and ensuring supply (capability and capacity) to meet CBRE’s and Clients’ operating needs and World Class ambitions.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
Internal & External Clients
• Identify ways to build CBRE competitive advantage in the market by offering innovative sourcing solutions to enhance value for clients
• Work with internal stakeholders to deliver a strategic sourcing programme that will provide a compelling value proposition for clients that differentiates CBRE in the marketplace
• Define and lead key strategic sourcing initiatives, metrics, KPIs, and targets
• Deliver on mutually agreed SLAs with internal stakeholders and clients
• Lead and develop relationships with key business and functional partners and suppliers to build credibility, strengthen strategic partnerships, and ensure both capacity and capabilities to execute sourcing strategy
• Develop effective relationships with the Transformation team to support building/ designing of the strategic sourcing value proposition of the enterprise supply chain function so that it aligns to the requirements of internal stakeholders and external clients
• Create and lead regional project teams as projects require
• Support Global Strategic Sourcing in creating change-management strategies to implement standard processes, best practices, progress reporting, issue resolution, and coordination among the lines of businesses and supply chain in this heavily matrixed organization
• Significant contribution in the delivery of service level improvements and cost reductions as part of a small team with a total global spend of approximately $15 Billion
• Be a visible and outspoken champion for diversity in the supply chain and the wider goals/ objectives of the strategic sourcing team
• Challenge current/ traditional ways of thinking and define new ways of working to best serve CBRE client needs
• Drive and develop cross-functional communication to ensure business requirements are understood throughout the supply chain organization to achieve progress towards shared goals
• Support the team in leading the continuous acquisition and development of global talent to drive organization vitality, executable succession plans and developing functional expertise within CBRE.
• Actively foster a culture of ‘one team’ across the global network.
• Support the development of the supply chain community through creation and dissemination of training on supply chain processes and tools to raise overall awareness and understanding
• Be an active and visible coach
• Facilitate best practice KPIs by categories, geographies and lines of business
• Implement business benefit focussed global strategic sourcing initiatives, in alignment with objectives of the broader supply chain
• Lead the development and customization and adoption of category workbooks - enhance spend visibility, proactive stakeholder engagement, and market insights to drive both short and long-term strategies
• Contribute and lead where appropriate the adoption of standardized processes and strategies around each step of the sourcing process including category management, sourcing methodologies, and success metrics
• Ensure transfer of global/ regional best practices and drive generation of new savings ideas for the Facilities Management/ Property Management spend
• Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives to contribute to operational cost savings measure outside of traditional sourcing activities
• Provide insight and practices from outside of CBRE to stretch internal thinking/practices and advise internal users on current and future market capabilities.
Work to implement supplier relationship management processes/ tools to ensure continuity of services at the right cost, quality and delivery
• Create and cultivate value-add innovative partnerships with key strategic global suppliers
• Work closely with the Transformation and Operations teams to foster utilisation and development of supply chain technology investments (Zycus, My Supplier, etc.)
Success in this role will be measured through defined targets as follows:
• Generation of incremental value throughout the supply chain
• Enhanced customer retention
• Differentiate CBRE from competitors in the marketplace
• Continue to create cost efficiencies for CBRE
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Essential Desirable Education
• Bachelor’s Degree required • MBA or relevant Master’s degree or equivalent business background
• Able to flex skills between strategic and tactical to ensure flawless delivery of objectives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
• 100% Customer Focused towards internal and external customers, with relentless aim on driving value and solutions that further the company’s goals and objectives
• Ability to influence at all levels that leverage genuine engagement with cross functional and cross business teams to implement enterprise strategies and solutions
• Capable of working in a matrix environment
• Demonstrated success in enterprise category management including leading sourcing practices and supplier relationship management
• Proven ability to drive and meet specific metrics and goals
• Hands-on management experience building and managing a national or global center-led supply chain organization
• Experience in working across business units and functions to develop and implement best-in-class strategies and processes
• Strong reputation as a world-class negotiator i.e. leading complex negotiations
Knowledge of strategic sourcing processes policies, KPIs, systems
• Experience and knowledge of the real estate/ facilities management sector
• Experience with e-procurement and contracts management technology platforms
• 5 years of expert knowledge and experience in Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain and Supplier Performance Management
• Working well in a multi-cultural matrix organization
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and complex international environment
• Global Mindset and Working Experience required
• Ability to coach others and develop a relationship of trust and credibility
Able to travel globally as the role requires (approximately 10-20% travel required)
• Ability to build consensus, influence stakeholders, and gain credible buy-in at all levels and functions of the company
• Demonstrated team leadership through empowerment and instilling a sense of accountability and bias for action, including ability to deliver through effective management of teams
• Confidence to act independently and make final decisions on administrative or operational issues related to the function
• Executive presence to represent function to executive leadership and drive visibility
Problem Solving and Resolution
• Demonstrated experience in building innovative solutions to complex problems
• Ability to apply persuasion, networking and broad influence to drive collaboration and achieve results
• Ability to effect change within an organization and deliver at speed.
• Fluency in real estate/ facilities management business
• Strong knowledge of full spectrum of sourcing levers and demonstrated world-class negotiations skills
An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
*Colorado Residents: CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for this position is $100,000.00 annually and the maximum salary for this position is $110,000.00 annually. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)