U.S. Bank Data Analyst CCB Wholesale Intelligence in Overland Park, Kansas
An expert professional that works independently. This position is responsible for working on big data/analytics projects that gather and integrate large volumes of data, performs analysis, interprets results and develops actionable insights and recommendations for use across the company. This includes data mining, data auditing, aggregation, validation and reconciliation. This position may also have a working knowledge of analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, Excel, Hadoop, SAS, and others to perform analysis and interpret data. This position typically requires an individual with a degree and 4-5 years of statistics or analytics experience.
You will spend about 75% of your time advancing the development of metrics, reports and analysis into integrated dashboards that support Wholesale banking and product leaders in Corporate and Commercial Banking (CCB). Through the deep understanding of your users and the data you will consult on statistical analysis performed by your Data Science peers as well as contribute to measuring the key business outcomes as new BI products are tested with the relationship manager and leadership team in CCB. This role will also play an active role with data engineers, Salesforce experts, and business line product owners in the business line ensuring the critical data is available and reliable in the proper platforms with clear SLAs.
Key deliverables for the role are:
• Wholesale App Core Data reporting and transparency including the delivery of reporting via modern BI tools that: Provide insight into clients activities within US Bank and across lines of business; External activities, prioritizes potential new leads to improve prospecting, data for deepening engagement within our existing client set, reducing the risk of attrition, and providing insight into industry activities.
• Enable a data foundation that includes descriptive and diagnostic reporting for the Wholesale bank that allows our key find, track and discover opportunities.
• Exploring statistical analysis that could be applied to the data; Performing descriptive statistics including mean, variance, median, correlation
• Documenting calculations, code, and adhering to data management principles
• Validating and testing data assets of others in the form of peer review
• Participate in the buildout of the reporting and technology infrastructure required to support the delivery of models, insights and reporting.
• Researches data assets from multiple disparate sources, applies various technologies find and move data assets for analysis, development of metrics, reports, and statistics.
• Play an active role with TOS engineers to ensure critical data is available, with quality in the proper platforms with clear SLAs.
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as econometrics, computer science, engineering or applied mathematics, or equivalent work experience
Four to five years of statistical experience
BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Experience with programming languages such as SQL, R, Python
3 plus years relevant experience in analysis, reporting and data visualization
Experience with at least 1 modern visualization tool (ex. PowerBI, Tableau, Microstratetgy 10, Domo); experience with Power BI preferred including DAX.
Experience leveraging tools for basic last mile ETL and data wrangling
Basic knowledge of data quality
Extensive experience with standard relational databases (Teradata, DB2, Postgres)
Working knowledge of Hadoop (HDFS) with ability to query Hive; exposure to Druid a plus.
Experience with GitHub a plus.
Strong communication skills to support business consulting and collaboration with business partners
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Experience working in an agile environment preferred.
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200015016
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.