GAF Corporate Engineer IV in Overland Park, Kansas
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
Reports to : Commercial Director Engineering
Experienced Project Manager to run medium to long term capital plant improvements. The engineer will report to the Commercial Director of Engineering, and will lead various projects at our manufacturing facilities throughout the Commercial organization. The Engineer IV is responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. Will work closely with the plants to schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities to ensure project accuracy and quality from cradle to the grave for cap. Ex. project work.
● ESSENTIAL DUTIES
● 30% Analyze all facets of proposed projects and provide detailed cost, schedule, and justification estimates to support capital expenditures. Interface with maintenance and production to ascertain and identify operational maintenance problems and opportunities. Conduct engineering and project analysis and follow through with major and minor project recommendations, justification and implementation.
● 40% Manage all aspects of major projects including design construction, vendor management, cost tracking, operational interfaces and operations preparation, and startup. Coordinate between contractors, vendors, and GAF to manage, engineer, and implement projects in the smoothest and most efficient manner without causing production delays or upsets.
● 20% Proactively identify engineering problems or opportunities, and apply technical expertise to develop and present feasible solutions. Lead/participate in cross-functional corporate and plant teams investigating opportunities to improve and expand GAF’s Commercial processes and products, and business opportunities
● 10% Provide support to maintenance, production, and operations as needed. Ensure thorough engineering standards for project execution, design, equipment standards, safety, and cost control.
● 50% Travel in plant support depending upon project needs. Work will be split between in plant support, and remote engineering work depending on project needs.
● 50% virtual work environment. Work from home and/or can be located in a plant if the employee's home is in close proximity to a plant.
● Own and drive the commissioning/hands on as needed for teams project installations, and continuous improvements.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
● Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
● Building Strategic Working Relationships
● Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
● Stress Tolerance
● Decision Making & communication skills
● Technical Skills:
○ Advanced knowledge of standard manufacturing concepts, practices, & procedures ○ Advanced ability to read and interpret specifications and drawings
○ Advanced proficiency using root cause analysis structured methods to troubleshoot and solve problems.
○ Advanced ability to translate technical data into a format/language suitable for operations and maintenance personnel
○ Experience in process hazard analysis and process safety management ○ Advanced knowledge of engineering fundamentals
○ Advanced proficiency in mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatics
● Job / General knowledge/skills:
○ Demonstrated leadership in terms of capital project planning, development, and execution including conceptual design, detailed design, construction and installation coordination, technical training, and turnover, start-up support, and sustained ownership.
○ Advanced knowledge of experience with manufacturing analysis tools, such as statistical analysis/statistical process control (SPC), process capability studies, lean manufacturing.
○ Working knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations
○ Advanced demonstrated communications skills; written, verbal, and listening skills ○ Advanced analytical skills & advanced problem solving skills
○ Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail – able to plan, execute, and control multiple tasks simultaneously
○ Ability to execute projects within scope, schedule, and budget
○ Demonstrated hands-on experience including direct supervision of engineers and contractor personnel
○ Ability to manage the efforts of contractors and/or internal maintenance personnel in project installations
○ Demonstrated ability to oversee projects involving multi-disciplines
○ Good ability to execute projects within scope, schedule, and budget
○ Strong ability to Influence and drive cross-functional decisions and initiatives ○ Demonstrated ability to execute projects within scope, schedule, and budget
● Minimum Education/Experience Required
○ A Bachelor of Science.
○ 7+ years experience with Project Management
○ Ability to travel 50%.
● Additional Preferred Education/Experience
○ A Bachelor’s of Science in an Engineering discipline: Mechanical, Electrical. ○ 7+ years project management with 5+ years in a heavy industrial manufacturing background products manufacturing organization - (preferred)
○ Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplines as project manager and supervise others as a lead engineer.
○ Demonstrated ability to work with and provide expertise in maintenance, operations, and process, with an emphasis on logistics and warehousing design and workflow optimizations (preferred)
○ Thorough knowledge and experience with computers. Drafting experience with CAD, preferably AutoCAD, is preferred.
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).